Just Wow

spenser1058

57 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

that's actually a well made video, right down to the sound effects.  I cannot find that article about their stated intention to harness anti-matter by opening a doorway to another dimension.  I read in in 2015, the year it became operational but google populates all these more recent articles.    Anyway, I find their logo quite interesting with the imbedded "666" in it.  It makes for great coffee talk discussions.

CERN-symbol.jpg

53 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

This reminds me of the Amway distributors who were absolutely convinced the P&G logo with the moon and stars (which went back to the 19th century - it was kept simple, among other reasons, so illiterate dock workers knew who it belonged to), were absolutely convinced it was a sign of Satan worship. If you don’t know the facts, make up your own, despite what Pat Moynihan said. Meanwhile, out on the grassy knoll…

Ok.  Grassy knoll reference. I don't want to finger point you like you're wearing the Scarlet Letter, but, you've been paying federal income taxes since age 18yo and you never sat down to ask why?  You've never asked how that first began; why it first began; how the country functioned prior to that; which entities were involved; and whether it was even a legit thing to begin with.  You've just rolled with it like most everyone else.

Just know the "grassy knoll" president enacted an executive order related to the limiting of The F3d's power before a high speed lead pellet split his skull in Da!!as.  I think that merits analysis, don't you?  Don't you think it would be better to have a clearer understanding of the system we live in than simply doing the power structure's job for them like a parrot?  Strong words, I know, but please tell me the whole "you can lead a horse to water..." saying isn't constantly being repeated on UP.  Break the mold.

As for "signs of Satan worship,"  You make it sound like Satan worship doesn't even exist, or, that major companies don't use occult symbolism in their logos.  I don't understand why you're defending Procter & Gamble?   Are you sure that you yourself know the "facts" that illiterate dock workers don't or didn't?    if you have never yourself researched the power structure in this country or world, and the religious beliefs and practices that they have and practice, and researched all the symbolism that deals with that subject that they themselves put out there for all to see, then you really shouldn't flippantly take jabs. :)

Knowing you, you go to church and probably deny that the Devil even exists, LOL.  What's Jokerman have to say about it? 

21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

In one of the most high-profile murder cases in OC history, it looks like Tommy Zeigler will finally have a chance to prove his innocence with DNA testing, thanks to the OC State Attorney, the Florida Supreme Court and other courts.

There are no thanks to the Florida Attorney general, who keeps throwing up roadblocks.

I have no idea if he’s innocent, but in a state that has one of the worst records for executing innocent men (it’s pretty much just been men), we should go out of our way to find the truth (what a concept, right?) His side’s even paying for the tests, not the state.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2022/10/27/death-row-inmate-tommy-zeigler-edges-closer-long-sought-dna-testing/

From The Tampa Bay Times

Drama Eating GIF by 6figurebookkeeper

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Ok.  Grassy knoll reference. I don't want to finger point you like you're wearing the Scarlet Letter, but, you've been paying federal income taxes since age 18yo and you never sat down to ask why?  You've never asked how that first began; why it first began; how the country functioned prior to that; which entities were involved; and whether it was even a legit thing to begin with.  You've just rolled with it like most everyone else.

Thanks to the worst president in our history, Woodrow Wilson. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

that's actually a well made video, right down to the sound effects.  I cannot find that article about their stated intention to harness anti-matter by opening a doorway to another dimension.  I read in in 2015, the year it became operational but google populates all these more recent articles.    Anyway, I find their logo quite interesting with the imbedded "666" in it.  It makes for great coffee talk discussions.

CERN-symbol.jpg

Of course it could be a 999..... :shades: :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Even DeSantis agrees build quality has gone to h**l since the ‘60’s:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/567161-gov-desantis-doubles-down-on-diss-of-70s-and-80s-construction/

From Florida Politics

Not so coincidentally, it’s when corporate, Wall Street firms began taking over the industry in the state. It’s what happens when the profit takes precedence over the product.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:38 PM, jack said:

Thanks to the worst president in our history, Woodrow Wilson. 

...and when you look at the timing of when other "central" banks were installed around the world, it makes it look like US foreign policy and new bank installation has for the most part gone hand in hand.  When the Soviet Union was around, it wasn't as obvious and was more so the product of "take our money not theirs." Since, it has been a tad nefarious, under W and BHO.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, spenser1058 said:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/567161-gov-desantis-doubles-down-on-diss-of-70s-and-80s-construction/

From Florida Politics

Not so coincidentally, it’s when corporate, Wall Street firms began taking over the industry in the state. It’s what happens when the profit takes precedence over the product.

Building codes got better after Hurricane Andrew. Prior to that, there was a lull of hurricanes hitting Florida and residents got complacent. 

Also, picking a decade as better construction is misleading. The structures that are still standing from the 20's were obviously better built. But we don't account for the multitudes of structures that are not standing from the 20's. It is selection bias. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:39 PM, JFW657 said:

Of course it could be a 999..... :shades: :thumbsup:

As far as commonality in politics, I will say that I saw another Bill Mauer episode and he is slamming the PC apparatus pretty hard (Halloween special and un-PC costumes).  I also saw another snippet of him slamming the PC culture because they are not calling Covid the Wuhan Virus, and wondering why China gets a "pass." The Right or whatever have been saying this for two years; so we have that in common as well. 

I also saw something where they did a poll, maybe Reuters, where they said that for the first time ever, people that are against the other Party's policies, they don't  just have a disdain for those party leaders, rather, for the people that voted for them as well.  The number was in the 70% or greater.  This started with or was magnified by Hillary with her "deplorables" comments in 2016.   Trump called the MSM liars, which I'm sure offended people that rely on the MSM.  And Biden actually said those statement about the threats to national security being MAGA supporters, etc...  

The commonality: it's been done on both sides.

My slam of Mauer pitting the Trumps and Walkers of the world against primarily the far Left- I saw as an attempt to cancel those two factions out; and I saw that as unacceptable because the whole point of nationalism (Trump's platform) is for a strong country and economy (not that Democrats are necessarily against that); but, that notion on the Right shouldn't be a Right Wing notion; it should be an "everybody's" notion.  Trump was the most outspoken about the bad trade deals the US was involved in for a generation or two and a good portion of the GOP was complicit in that, in benefitting other countries at the detriment of the US.  He says "nationalism" and the Left says "racist!"  And it goes on and on.

The commonality: I am sure that Democrats want a strong US economy, like everyone else does.

My last comment on this has to do with what Europeans told me about their observations of the US public, in how controlled they are by the MSM compared to European citizens.  That was an alien concept to me which caused me to take a step back myself and reassess things.  It's one thing if I say it here.  It's another thing if you hear it straight from the horse's mouth.  

The commonality:  there may not be as much here.  I for one don't trust the media but I know a lot of people left of center and right of center rely on it to the hilt.  IMO, you just have to sift thru the bullsh!t...

On 10/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, spenser1058 said:

That's not what he said. He said construction in the 70's and 80's was not as good as previous decades. He didn't imply there was a problem with construction in the post 2000's homes when, as @jack indicated, new standards were applied.

You know, over the last twenty years, downtown retail has been declining precipitously and what little is left is hardly anything you’d go out of your way for.

Except two, and they’ve both been around forever. Southeast Steel (1940) is one of the few appliance stores in town with great selection and someone besides a minimum-wage kid to give you the info you need.

LaBelle Furs (1919) has a similar selection and knowledgeable folks. I wouldn’t know, because I’ve never worn fur, but my mom would never go anywhere else.

Someday, we’ll get actual places to shop downtown again, and if these two are the anchors, we’ll put the malls to shame.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

You know, over the last twenty years, downtown retail has been declining precipitously and what little is left is hardly anything you’d go out of your way for.

Except two, and they’ve both been around forever. Southeast Steel (1940) is one of the few appliance stores in town with great selection and someone besides a minimum-wage kid to give you the info you need.

LaBelle Furs (1919) has a similar selection and knowledgeable folks. I wouldn’t know, because I’ve never worn fur, but my mom would never go anywhere else.

Someday, we’ll get actual places to shop downtown again, and if these two are the anchors, we’ll put the malls to shame.

ex-Knight Marcus has the shoe store at Modera (now something else).  The prices are very Neiman's...  DGX is still next store...

The way things are going, they might as well open up an Amazon return and/or pickup center.  That would assuredly be popular.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, dcluley98 said:

Interesting things happening right now in the economy. 

One thing that is under the radar right now, but should be paid attention to is the "Crypto-Bust" going on right now. BTC just dropped below $30k, and Tether de-pegged.  

Now, why does this matter? Well, apparently, Miami went "all in" on Crypto and trying to get these companies and creators to move there. Apparently, there were "financial institutions" backing loans and construction projects in South Florida with this idea.  Now, how much of that is there? Who knows, but it only takes a couple of dominoes to start the chain. Inflation is one. Rising interest rates and lack of capital availability is two. Crypto is three.  Stock market and "wealth effect" is four. . . 

Hmmm. 

Tick-tock, Tick-tock, Tick-tock. 

FTX, the "savior" exchange earlier this year is apparently now illiquid.  Binance is said to be acquiring the distressed exchange/company.  BTC drops back below $19,000.  

17 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

FTX, the "savior" exchange earlier this year is apparently now illiquid.  Binance is said to be acquiring the distressed exchange/company.  BTC drops back below $19,000.  

FTX has spent the year acquiring other companies on their downturn. Meanwhile, Binance, who was 70% of the market, was holding large shares of FTX token FTT and when the FTT value fell, Binance dumped it- causing even more of a spiral. In the end, it all works out for Binance, who I assume will now hold 80%+ of the market. Drama worthy of an HBO series...