hhgregg in the Upstate?

GSP Tiger

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Greensboro a few weeks ago and noticed hhgregg, an eletronics and appliances store that competes with Best Buy and Circuit City.  I just checked out their website, http://hhgregg.com, and they will be opening a store at Park Woodruff in Greenville.  I'm just wondering if this is a good store to check out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you saw hhgregg in Greensboro? I go to Greensboro all the time and I haven't seen one there.

It was en route back from Greensboro that I noticed an hhgregg delivery vehicle driving on the interstate.  I assume they have a store already in the Charlotte area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a hhgregg near the Cabarrus/Mecklenburg County line in a new shopping center across form Concord Mills. That might be where the delivery truck was headed.

• 1 month later...

Commercials featuring various Greenville landmarks (Greenville Zoo, Peace Center, Landmark Building, and Liberty Bridge) are now airing on TV about Greenville's hhgregg opening soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

H.H. Gregg on Woodruff Road is already open (even though they've not had their grand opening yet). At least that's what the signs in the windows above the front door say.

I went there Sunday afternoon. It seems to be a bare-bones version of Best Buy or Circuit City. Smaller in size and in selection, but the staff is great and the prices seem reasonable. I walked out with a new radar detector for my wife.

I hope it does well, I think the Grand Opening is today or tomorrow. They were still stocking the displays when I was there.

hhgregg seems to be moving into the carolinas FAST

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where?

I wonder if Spartanburg and/or Anderson will be getting one.  Perhaps I should see how the one in Greenville fares.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure we will eventually. I would much rather see a CompUSA (or something similar) in Spartanburg though.

Where?

The Charlotte area has three stores - Concord, Matthews, and Pineville.

Columbia's new store will opening up in September, probably at The Village @ Sandhill.

I'm sure we will eventually. I would much rather see a CompUSA (or something similar) in Spartanburg though.

I wonder how CompUSA is doing. Their Greenville store is the only one in South Carolina.

Columbia's new store will opening up in September, probably at The Village @ Sandhill.

I wonder how CompUSA is doing.  Their Greenville store is the only one in South Carolina.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno...but it sure would be nice to have a Dell Kiosk in the Haywood Mall...

I wonder how CompUSA is doing.  Their Greenville store is the only one in South Carolina.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CompUSA is a great store, in addition to Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, etc. I know several people who shop there frequently. I myself have bought a few items there in recent months/years. Nice store! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I stopped by the hhgregg on Woodruff a few weeks ago and wasn't too impressed. I was looking for a TV and stand. I had to ask for pricing on several items, was never greeted or approached by a salesperson, and found the selection for mid-size HDTVs minimal (1). I didn't think they were all that cheap either.

I might go there if and when I need to buy new major appliances, but probably not for home electronics.

I stopped by the hhgregg on Woodruff a few weeks ago and wasn't too impressed.  I was looking for a TV and stand.  I had to ask for pricing on several items, was never greeted or approached by a salesperson, and found the selection for mid-size HDTVs minimal (1).  I didn't think they were all that cheap either.

I might go there if and when I need to buy new major appliances, but probably not for home electronics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't bode well for their future here. With all of the major developments taking place along that stretch of Woodruff, competition is sure to be very high. Add to that the fact that hhgregg is somewhat removed (maybe?) from the mainstream electronics and appliance store locations just up the road.

Welcome to UP, bw1870! Looking forward to more posts from you. :thumbsup:

Why is this in the Upstate forum and not the Greenville forum? Did hhgregg open a store in Spartanburg also?

There may be one on the way. Also, I believe one may be coming to Anderson? :unsure:

Archived