KrispyKreme/JAB Holdings/JAB Beech in Charlotte

Scribe

23 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

We stop eating KK at our Sunday class because they cost to much each week.

True I had coupons and saved big.  Plus Easter rolls around but once a  year.  I treat a Krispy Kreme doughnut as a real treat but now that they are de facto based in Charlotte got to support the local companies LOL. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 6:11 PM, KJHburg said:

True I had coupons and saved big.  Plus Easter rolls around but once a  year.  I treat a Krispy Kreme doughnut as a real treat but now that they are de facto based in Charlotte got to support the local companies LOL. 

Always shop Lowes, not Home Depot.  Always have KK, never DD.  I choose Pepsi over Coke and American over Delta, even though neither HQd here.  When it comes to chicken, I will never darken the door of a chick fil a.

5 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Always shop Lowes, not Home Depot.  Always have KK, never DD.  I choose Pepsi over Coke and American over Delta, even though neither HQd here.  When it comes to chicken, I will never darken the door of a chick fil a.

You can still drink coke at least because Coca-Cola Consolidated is based in Charlotte.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Phillydog said:

Lowe's all the way (for NC and because it's so much better), Diet Pepsi is the only soda I drink (I don't drink much), Bojangles over CFA (which is inexplicably overrated).  I fly American because of the non-stops from CLT but Delta has always treated me MUCH better.  I grew up on DD and have never enjoyed KK.  If I'm going to eat a doughnut, I'm going to enjoy it...  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kermit said:

JAB continues to get massive, they purchased Pret A Manger today. Those guys are buying everything in sight.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-pret-m-a-jab-holdings/pret-a-manger-sold-for-1-5-billion-to-germanys-deal-hungry-reimann-family-idUKKCN1IU017

Somebody at the Chamber had damn well better be pitching Charlotte as a North American HQ for JAB.

I’m sure they are putting together another top notch video as we speak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah Pret a Manger is my go to place in Hong Kong for salad and sandwich all western style.  JAB does own a lot now Panera, Green Mtn, Krispy Kreme etc but they seem to have different offices for each but maybe a shared services center that supports all their brands. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yeah Pret a Manger is my go to place in Hong Kong for salad and sandwich all western style.  JAB does own a lot now Panera, Green Mtn, Krispy Kreme etc but they seem to have different offices for each but maybe a shared services center that supports all their brands. 

I think their most locations are in London, where it was started, and in its sister city, New York.  

KJH, do you visit HK much?  I love it there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think their most locations are in London, where it was started, and in its sister city, New York.  

KJH, do you visit HK much?  I love it there.

Yes I go to Hong Kong every 2 years as my brother and his family live in real China about 40 miles away.  My favorite global city up there with London and Vienna.  Yes a Pret a Manger would do great uptown maybe on the ground floor of Tryon Place. 

I hit submit reply before I finished my thought.  Some sort of JAB  shared services back office would work great in Charlotte much like Hearst has in Charlotte.   I think JAB likes these companies to operate fairly independently but the de facto move of the KK headquarters to Charlotte is obviously because of JAB's influence. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, SydneyCarton said:

That's great news!  Maybe Charlotte will finally get a Pret.

Totally agree!  Fell in love with that place in London several years ago and went while I was in Washington DC about a year and a half!  Excellent place!

• Like 1

Catching up on last weeks Wall St Journals I read an article about JAB and what they own.  Charlotte should go after some sort of North American headquarters for them for sure.  These are the chains they own beside our de facto Charlotte based Krispy Kreme:

Peets, Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bagels, Keurig Green Mtn (which just announced a 500 person plant in Spartanburg), Panera, Au Bon Bain, Dr Pepper Snapple and now Pret a Manger.

They are rounding up quite a collection of chains here in the US and they would benefit from a shared services office center for back office operations of these many chains. 

Only 92 Pret a Manger stores in US so plenty of room for growth here. 

Product photo  from May by KJ and yes I helped myself to a couple LOL 

IMG_9045.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

Totally agree!  Fell in love with that place in London several years ago and went while I was in Washington DC about a year and a half!  Excellent place!

They are everywhere in London, it is ridiculous.  Never got a chance to try them out over there though, always focused on smaller places :) 

• Like 1