KrispyKreme/JAB Holdings/JAB Beech in Charlotte

Scribe

• 3 months later...

Sounds like we now know where the Krispy Kreme headquarters or corporate office will go in South End.  They are currently working out of WeWork uptown and a top exec told me that they will be opening more retail locations.  I mentioned at the headquarters and they said maybe.  My guess: look for a small retail shop here too.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/121397/krispy-kreme-planning-south-end-office/

another story from the Triad https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2018/03/27/krispy-kreme-files-document-hinting-at-corporate.html?ana=e_me_set1&s=newsletter&ed=2018-03-27&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1522154483&j=80702991

Below the perfect start to any work day a KK doughnut and good coffee. 

Weworkdonutcoffee.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Really hoping to see a new neon/LED KK sign mounted to the roof of the building.... could be a cool landmark.

Would be cool to see a Krispy Kreme in all the new retail coming to South End too.

Edited by AP3

1 minute ago, tozmervo said:

Are you suggesting that we try it in public? Sounds like a plan for the next UP meetup. 

First Annual UP Donut Eating Contest. I got my money on @KJHburg even though he has not yet entered. I'll enter as well, but I don't know that I'll win, don't think I've eaten more than two donuts in a sitting. So now I need an excuse to tell my wife for why I need to go to Charlotte without her.

I usually eat 2-4 at a time but I cheat sometimes just eating the topping off the donuts.  My favorite was pictured above the Chocolate iced.  But usually I am a 2-3 doughnut guy.  That is why I usually stay away from KK because they are so good.  Plus the KJ likes the jelly filled from KK.   I agree on the coffee Dunkin's is good but KK has better doughnuts.   However with JAB Beech purchase of all these coffee places like Peets, Panera, etc that might really change. 

Once in Florida I went into the exit lane after a quick turn off a highway when I saw the "Hot Doughnuts Sign" on.   So call me a fan! 

• Like 2

^I guess it depends on the person as for which coffee is better. My old neighborhood in Florida had a brand new KK drive thru and that bloody neon "WARM NOW" sign was lit up every morning on my route to work at 7:15.  You can bet that 4 out of 5 days,  I was in that drive thru getting my fresh java with a nice warm glazed. :tw_blush:

• Like 2

I will defend DD, just not their donuts. I’m a big fan of their coffee and their breakfast croissants if you’re in a hurry. Definitely better than KK in that regard. As for donuts, it’s not even a contest. There was a stand-alone KK in downtown Sydney a decade or so ago. Not sure if it’s still there or not. It was right at the transfer spot for two of my busses. Warmed my heart (and maybe my stomach a few times) every time I saw it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

2 blocks from the NC Governors Mansion this old school old design Krispy Kreme in downtown Raleigh always a stop when in the Capital City. 

I recently told an KK exec we need more locations in the city.  

DSCN4118.JPG

Ahhhhh memories of the time I ran two miles, ate a dozen KK in 7 minutes and ran two miles back to the bell tower...then sat in a sugar coma for the ride back to CLT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1