KrispyKreme/JAB Holdings/JAB Beech in Charlotte

Scribe

More Krispy Kreme execs settling in Charlotte...

Mecklenburg County real estate records indicate that Joshua and Heather Charlesworth acquired a home at 5815 Lansing Drive in south Charlotte's Lansdowne neighborhood for $1.3 million in November. Josh Charlesworth  is Krispy Kreme's chief financial officer who joined the company in May of last year, after holding several executive positions with Mars Inc.

paywalled article: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/15/is-krispy-kreme-looking-to-relocate-its-key.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SydneyCarton said:

KJ,  I assume that this is a temporary location.  How long is Krispy’s lease there?

Not a temporary lease they are upfitting this building for their corporate office and test kitchen.  a few workers were present but not many.  They are temporarily located at WeWork uptown. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just now, CLT704 said:

@KJHburg You will probably know this as CEO! lol 

Did Krispy Kreme officially move their HQ to CLT?  The wikipedia page says they did and Im just curious as that contradicts what I've read.

Basically all the top execs and I mean all except the international division (those are in London) are in Charlotte.  It is the de facto headquarters.  Many back office jobs are still in Winston where I think they will remain.   Obviously it is touchy subject as Winston is the home of KK and where the sweet delightful doughnuts were invented.  Not sure if they have announced it and may not just like Lowes did when they moved the top execs to Mooresville from West Wilkesboro.   A global company like KK just needs to be more connected globally with the CLT airport offering easy access with nonstop or 1 stop to almost everywhere in the world. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Gentlemen please remove your hats everyone silence their phones this is sacred ground.  Up in Old Salem in Winston Salem today.   (and a location in W-S)

IMG_6502 (2).JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

why you always gotta get me wanting doughnuts