KrispyKreme/JAB Holdings/JAB Beech in Charlotte

Scribe

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Still waiting on my crullers, or tractor tires as the employees called them when they were store made.

when I see a Cruller I will send out a special signal on the Legacy BOAT lighting to let you know.

this is what we are looking for people

https://krispykreme.com/menu/doughnuts/glazed-cruller

Edited by KJHburg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, KJHburg said:

I love burgers and I love doughnuts but not together. Not ever. 

Was on hallowed ground today the birthplace of the very first Krispy Kreme in Old Salem in Winston Salem.   Charlotte maybe the corporate HQ now the birthplace is up the road in Winston.  Krispy Kreme is one of many items NC gave the world.   Also a man in Winston invented the containers that changed the world shipping industry with the cargo containers.  

IMG_1352.JPG

That was a fascinating factoid, so I went down the rabbit hole and sure enough Malcolm McLean (the father of containerization) was born just 90 miles from Charlotte. Now we definitely need a container market in Uptown, it’s a historical imperative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcom_McLean

• Like 4

Just now, Owenorange said:

That was a fascinating factoid, so I went down the rabbit hole and sure enough Malcolm McLean (the father of containerization) was born just 90 miles from Charlotte. Now we definitely need a container market in Uptown, it’s a historical imperative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcom_McLean

One of the many many NC inventions that include astroturf, AZT drug, shipping containers and yes Krispy Kreme doughnuts.   And that is a very partial list of our great inventions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had my first Krispy Kreme donut in around 7 years. I forgot how good they were 0_0. I've also noticed that they have started selling prepackaged donuts in some grocers around my area. I think they're new (or I could just be oblivious), but now it's so much easier to get them. 

IMG_0653.thumb.jpg.9fceda53017e1feb3126cf554c38bc6d.jpg

I love Krispy Kreme, but I don't love them enough to drive 33 minutes to them. If one were closer, I would definitely frequent it more often. Also, please note that these directions were taken at 9:41 pm on a Saturday night. I predict that this drive is closer to 45 minutes on a normal day and that it can get up to an hour long. 

IMG_0674.thumb.jpg.cc07d6cafbeccea8309973f8b3e5d558.jpg

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...