Rest in peace, Getahn Ward.

e-dub

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be sorely missed in the Business news community in Nashville. A side not that Getahn was also a member of this forum.

I had met Getahn several times at various Metro board meetings over the past three or four years. He was very committed to his work.

My deepest sympathy to his family and coworkers at the Tennessean.

Sure enjoyed reading so many of his scoops and detailed reporting on a myriad of development projects.  The Tennessean story on him gave me a much deeper appreciation of his life, Liberian heritage, family, and church commitments.  He will be missed in many ways.  May his family find peace and grace during this time of grief.  

GWard was a beast of a reporter. He was relentless with his work ethic and very knowledgeable of both the craft of journalism and the city's growth and development scene. No doubt, I always considered him a worthy competitor.

This is a big blow to The Tennessean and to the city's modest (in numbers) print journalism community.

The Tennessean has announced the Getahn Ward Memorial Scholarship at Tennessee State University.  The goal is to establish an annual scholarship that will be awarded in perpetuity. They have set a goal of $50,000 to launch the program. you can find out more here:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/columnists/2017/12/22/getahn-ward-scholarship-support-tennessee-state-university-students/974289001/

Archived