Sign in to follow this  
e-dub

Rest in peace, Getahn Ward.

He will be sorely missed in the Business news community in Nashville. A side not that Getahn was also a member of this forum.

I had met Getahn several times at various Metro board meetings over the past three or four years. He was very committed to his work.

My deepest sympathy to his family and coworkers at the Tennessean.

• Like 4

Sure enjoyed reading so many of his scoops and detailed reporting on a myriad of development projects.  The Tennessean story on him gave me a much deeper appreciation of his life, Liberian heritage, family, and church commitments.  He will be missed in many ways.  May his family find peace and grace during this time of grief.  

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this. I met him twice. Each time a very kind and outgoing man. Seemed like the kind of person who cared about others. I know he cared about Nashville. 

• Like 3

Really sad to see him go so early. Getahn wrote and broke a lot of stories in the meteoric rise we've seen here in Nashville, and he did so with great professionalism.

• Like 3

Saw this on the Tennessean this morning and was shocked, he was so young. He will definitely be missed here as well in the Nashville community. Praying for his family.

• Like 2

So sad to hear the news. Getahn was a great member of the Nashville community and a valued voice in the urban development enthusiast world. He'll be missed by all.

• Like 1

I have loved reading his columns.  I think it's particularly poignant that Mr. Ward passed away while his mother was visiting him from Liberia.  I cannot imagine how she felt.  Nashville has lost a great man and a great advocate.

• Like 1