ricky_davis_fan_21

2018 – Development Predictions

http://www.charlottefive.com/development-questions-charlotte/

I wrote this article of 22 Development questions for 2018, I'd like to ask everyone what their Predictions for 2018 are. I'll add a few in later today when I'm less busy, but I wanted to open a thread up in the meantime.

• Like 4

I think there will be growth in Uptown but a lot of the growth will be focused in areas outside of the 277 loop like Southend and Elizabeth. Uptown will  see one or two new tower announcements, And maybe the announcement of a convention style hotel.

1.  I actually think we will see some activity in LevineLand in 2018.  Don't know if that means Levine sells another tract of land or if he breaks ground with a co-developer on a project, but I just feel like LevineLand's time has come.  I also think we will all be happier with a redesigned parking garage apartment project than we would have been with a parking garage sticking out two or three floors above a 6 floor apartment project.

2. I think Legacy Union will include some condos.  I would like to see the hotel also include residences.

3.  I think the 20 floor mid-town tower gains re-zoning approval and announces an anchor by June.  I hope that spurs some additional development in Elizabeth, but won't make any projections related to that.

4.  I think in 2018 we will hear about another corporate relocation to South End in a yet to be announced tower.  Speaking of which, I haven't heard any updates on the Strawn Cottages redevelopment.  Anybody know anything of any substance?

Strawn.jpg.91aed20c92a13d36e2d143e6dfcbc219.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

3.  I think the 20 floor mid-town tower gains re-zoning approval and announces an anchor by June.  

I agree.  Assuming that it does not turn out to be another medical office tower proposal, I expect limited resistance from the neighborhoods surrounding it.     

16 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

You think Bezos will buy the panthers AND we will land HQ2? I don’t want any of those to happen.

I think them both happening is more likely than just one or the other.  

9 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Eastland boosters in my Facebook feed seem to be very upset that you did not include Eastland

I think Eastland Mall will get jump started but mainly residential some for sale townhomes and rental apartments with shops to follow down the line.  

Thompson Mill will open in late 2018 and be an instant hit! It will serving as incubator to two  restaurant startups which will soon outgrow its walls and win national accolades by 2023!

• Like 2

Prediction 21.  I think the apartment boom will continue but at a slower pace with lots of attention on the BLE all the way to University area at almost every stop. 

• Like 1

I sure hope national retailers announce retail in uptown. I think Southend and Uptown will see announcements for office and mixed use projects. I’m excited I see what 2018 brings for Charlotte.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 1:38 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

http://www.charlottefive.com/development-questions-charlotte/

I wrote this article of 22 Development questions for 2018, I'd like to ask everyone what their Predictions for 2018 are. I'll add a few in later today when I'm less busy, but I wanted to open a thread up in the meantime.

FYI unless current plans change number 8 on your list is coming down... 

Some discussion has been had about trying to get a national retailer into Tryon Place but nothing is set in stone.  Hopefully this will happen and get the retail ball rolling in uptown in 2018.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSquare said:

FYI unless current plans change number 8 on your list is coming down... 

Some discussion has been had about trying to get a national retailer into Tryon Place but nothing is set in stone.  Hopefully this will happen and get the retail ball rolling in uptown in 2018.

Yea I know its coming down. I only asked the question to get people asking that question, because I'm not happy it's coming down. Theres a couple National Retailers being heavily recruited between Tryon Place, Legacy Union, Atherton, Design Center, Phat Burrito, and DFA.

22 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

8. Southend will have three built to suit mid-high rise announced. Two near the Design Center, and one on W. Morehead on the Uptown Caberet Land. Southend is really on the precipice of truly exploding.

A tower built on land around the Caberet would be great.

• Like 1

22. I do predict Duke Energy will announce a tower on their land you don't make that kind of land purchase for nothing.  Plus Wells owner of the DEC will take up more of the space in the tower. 

• Like 1

From what RDF said it makes me believe that South End is only going to become a hotter market, This time less for apartments and more for buisnesses who want office space but can’t quite afford to have an office Uptown so a perfect compromise to that would be South End. I sure do hope South End gets some office buildings and some more retail. I think 2018 will be a big year for Charlotte.