2018 – Development Predictions

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Scribe said:

It has been 24 hrs...j/k 

Still wondering on Tryon 10, did you find anything out?

I followed up with a few people, might be tough to get an answer this close to christmas. I know the main guy I contacted has a penchant for travel. 

^^^ Not trying to be a smart @$$  here but look at google maps and look for the empty blocks between Caldwell and College streets and from 5th street north LOL .  That is the approx land holdings of Levine.  Of course the one block between 8th/9th College and light rail has been sold to Lennar.  Closer to Tryon and College 9th and 10th those blocks are owned by the county. 

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I followed up with a few people, might be tough to get an answer this close to christmas. I know the main guy I contacted has a penchant for travel. 

Well, he needs to stop gallivanting around while we're hanging like this.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This lot will make news soon I hope corner of Graham and MLK   Watch this lot in 2018. 

IMG_4876.JPG

You know what? I always pictured (and kind of wanted) a diner to be here. I could also see huge murals being painted on those blank walls. A residential tower will still be a great addition. I'm looking forward to an announcement.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Wells reported earnings this past week.  After going through the details of that and where they fall WAY short of their peers and where their stock holders want them to be I am adding this 2018 prediction...

In Q3 Wells announces headquarters move here from CA as part of cost reductions 

That woyld make us an uncatchable #2 in the banking world.

• 10 months later...
Wells reported earnings this past week.  After going through the details of that and where they fall WAY short of their peers and where their stock holders want them to be I am adding this 2018 prediction...
In Q3 Wells announces headquarters move here from CA as part of cost reductions 

Now that we are at the end of 2018 reading through this thread was a fun time on a slow afternoon. Some of you were VERY bullish :)

I am very shocked Wells has not done this. In trying to put myself in their leadership shoes I can’t figure out the pros for not not doing this.

Maybe there is still more to shake out from their issues, idk. Most seem to behind, but through this year you have still heard of issues they have uncovered, mostly smaller in scale, but still very wrong.

Okay well, after rereading this thread, the ones I'm most interested and still waiting for:

1. Duke 2
  2. Wells Fargo HQ move 
  3. BofA on police land
  4. North Tryon redevelopment in general
  5. Ink and Ivy to burn down 
  6. And many more

But some of these predictions were accurate (and I probably missed some):

On 12/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, EllAyyDub said:
  • No movement on convention hotel 
  • Danny Levine sits on his hands
  • Unified development ordinance still seems a ways off
On 12/19/2017 at 1:10 AM, KJHburg said:
1. Amazon HQ2 will NOT come to Charlotte but will end up in eastern time zone most likely Atlanta 

13.  CLT will attract another international flight from one of AA's partner airlines.           Close but another international flight on AA is still another international flight.

14. Overall the economy will be very good in the metro region and the state as a whole.

21 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Okay well, after rereading this thread, the ones I'm most interested and still waiting for:

1. Duke 2
  2. Wells Fargo HQ move 
  3. BofA on police land
  4. North Tryon redevelopment in general
  5. Ink and Ivy to burn down 
  6. And many more

But some of these predictions were accurate (and I probably missed some):

I think Bofa on Police land is going to be announced early next year, but not bofa, US Bank.

Archived