Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Hourglass District

Recommended Posts

National Real Estate now has a branded construction fence up around the lot with the car bays (believe it’s supposed to be a food truck park) just east of the SE corner of the intersection.   “Hour kind of place” is what I believe alternates with their Hourglass District logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I live in this neighborhood and I have to say, what a huge upgrade!  Its also prompting 7-11 to clean up a bit and we all know about Winn-Dixie as well.  I couldn't be more welcome for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still eager to see what comes of the other gas station off Bumby.   They did keep the mini mart portion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, codypet said:

I live in this neighborhood and I have to say, what a huge upgrade!  Its also prompting 7-11 to clean up a bit and we all know about Winn-Dixie as well.  I couldn't be more welcome for me.

This times a thousand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sent the link to the real estate contact person at the property management company for Market at Southside, who I contacted earlier re: the possibility of an Aldi going in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, dcluley98 said:

 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Lets email Lidl aboout our former Walgreen building...

German discount grocer Lidl seeks Florida real estate

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/08/31/german-discount-grocer-lidl-is-starting-to-look.html

Yes Please!!!!! I'll take a Lidl or an Aldi in the neighborhood all day.   Sorry Winn-Dixie and Clemons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I just sent the link to the real estate contact person at the property management company for Market at Southside, who I contacted earlier re: the possibility of an Aldi going in there.

They have too many grocery stores there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BluRock also now has control over the plazas at Orange and Holden/Gatlin.   There’s bound to be space for a market there relatively removed from the Target/Publix/Walmart/Luckys/Freshfields cluster. Good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

BluRock also now has control over the plazas at Orange and Holden/Gatlin.   There’s bound to be space for a market there relatively removed from the Target/Publix/Walmart/Luckys/Freshfields cluster. Good 

Bring back the A&P!

https://blue-banshee.livejournal.com/247365.html

The shopping center at Orange and Holden was basically a clone of the one at Edgewater and Fairbanks (complete with A&P.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

What are they re-furbing across the street from the foxtail?  It has like 4 bays... Is that the foodtruck park?

If you're talking about the old car wash, I think so.

I've been anxious to see that get done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

What are they re-furbing across the street from the foxtail?  It has like 4 bays... Is that the foodtruck park?

That is correct.  The old car wash is supposed to become food trucks, per the plans.  I'm not sure why they don't tear it down, but it's supposed to be part of the theming or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

That is correct.  The old car wash is supposed to become food trucks, per the plans.  I'm not sure why they don't tear it down, but it's supposed to be part of the theming or something?

It'll have sparkling clean burgers, tacos and beer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HankStrong said:

That is correct.  The old car wash is supposed to become food trucks, per the plans.  I'm not sure why they don't tear it down, but it's supposed to be part of the theming or something?

I would imagine it has something to do with $$$$.

If they tore it down, they'd either have to build something in it's place, or just turn it into a flat, asphalt slab, which I don't think anyone wants either.

Probably best to just slap some paint and whatnot on it and make it look spiffy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.