Hourglass District

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, codypet said:

https://www.cafemadridfl.com/

The prices seem fine, but it seems like its more lunch centric than dinner centric.  Like its competing with Zaza and Stasio's.   The new hours seem to reflect that.

It more sounds like Mecato Bakery they are trying to compete with.

7 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

We had a mixed bag experience at F&D this weekend.  Anyone else?

Same. Had an app and pizza. Food was very mediocre and doesn't compare to the more popular place up the road. Servers are not well trained and unprofessional. I think they'll get better, but I don't have high expectations from them. I wanted them to be great since I no longer frequent the more popular place up the road and I'm jonesing for some good pizza.

9 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Same. Had an app and pizza. Food was very mediocre and doesn't compare to the more popular place up the road. Servers are not well trained and unprofessional. I think they'll get better, but I don't have high expectations from them. I wanted them to be great since I no longer frequent the more popular place up the road and I'm jonesing for some good pizza.

Who is the more popular place - PB?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NJBlake said:

Peeked in Hourglass Brewery a few days back. Looks like they have at least a couple of months of work left. place is gutted with only a drainage ditch cut out of the slab, no fixtures or plumbing. 

8 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FOOD TRUCK PARK?

Look up the street! The food truck park in The Milk District is great, and the brewery looks close to opening!

On 7/13/2018 at 11:55 AM, Camillo Sitte said:

Oh, and that Curry Ford Winn-Dixie is still a craphole. :lol:

On the way home tonight girlfriend insisted on stopping by this craphole Winn-Dixie for a few items for the dish she was planning on making for dinner.

I suggested we backtrack to the Public on Conway but she insisted this would be faster. I knew better than to argue the point so I acquiesced.

Bottom line is that they were out of everything she wanted, and upon querying the deli person, noticed that they were shutting it down at 5PM. The Deli manager said that the deli/bakery etc. would be closing early and until further notice and that a lot of items [such as the Uncle Ben's rice my girlfriend was looking for?] would not be on store shelves until Winn-Dixie found another warehouse and distributor for the area.

Just put this store [and chain] out of its misery already.

Edited by Camillo Sitte

8 hours ago, Camillo Sitte said:

On the way home tonight girlfriend insisted on stopping by this craphole Winn-Dixie for a few items for the dish she was planning on making for dinner.

I suggested we backtrack to the Public on Conway but she insisted this would be faster. I knew better than to argue the point so I acquiesced.

Bottom line is that they were out of everything she wanted, and upon querying the deli person, noticed that they were shutting it down at 5PM. The Deli manager said that the deli/bakery etc. would be closing early and until further notice and that a lot of items [such as the Uncle Ben's rice my girlfriend was looking for?] would not be on store shelves until Winn-Dixie found another warehouse and distributor for the area.

Just put this store [and chain] out of its misery already.

Getting Better All the Time?

The Deli/Bakery always has closed at 5:30ish.  They don't schedule people after that.  The Seafood dept seems to always be closed.  I don't know about stocking the shelves, but the current incarnation is FAR better than the W/D that was there previously.  That said it is still MILES behind Publix.  Its just too convenient not to go.  The renovation was enough for me to frequent it for quick trips now.  Before the renovation, you couldn't get me in there without complaining the whole trip. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, codypet said:

The Deli/Bakery always has closed at 5:30ish.  They don't schedule people after that.  The Seafood dept seems to always be closed.  I don't know about stocking the shelves, but the current incarnation is FAR better than the W/D that was there previously.  That said it is still MILES behind Publix.  Its just too convenient not to go.  The renovation was enough for me to frequent it for quick trips now.  Before the renovation, you couldn't get me in there without complaining the whole trip. 

Yeah, in the northeast you would have tiers of food store depending on need/laziness. Wegmans was for fancy parties, Stop & Shop/Shoprite was for weekly needs, A&P/IGA/pathmark was when you were driving home, forgot something for dinner that night, and it was on the way. I for one hate the Publix virtual Monopoly and shop at WD when i can. Can't wait for Lucky's to open up.