Hourglass District

sunshine

12 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Inasmuch as I've never even driven past either of those stores, much less been inside them, any intended humorous reference to their size is lost on me. :dontknow:

I'll just say that it looks considerably bigger than the Orange & Michigan store and the S. Orange & Hoffner store.

Sorry. The joke was like this store, those two other stores are also former early 00's era Walgreen's converted to their respective stores.

image.thumb.png.d1ed9f32886c2f15dd749f2308843815.png

Curry Ford and Peel

image.thumb.png.875d1555b12844749fd6baca7d614364.png

Conway and Hoffner

image.png.06cef247d5696a23eb5c989f25f13460.png

Toole's University ACE hardware (Featured in the most recent national ACE ad's)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Sorry. The joke was like this store, those two other stores are also former early 00's era Walgreen's converted to their respective stores.

Curry Ford and Peel

Conway and Hoffner

Toole's University ACE hardware (Featured in the most recent national ACE ad's)

Ahhhhhhh, I see now. :thumbsup:

Those pics would've added greatly to the "punch" of your initial commentary and I would have immediately gotten it.

As you may have noticed, I am a great proponent of using pictures and illustrations whenever possible. 

A little extra work, but always worth the effort. ;) 

14 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m still waiting for @JFW657 to get all gussied up for a trip downtown with a report from the DGX!

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Been meaning to go, but..... CORONAVIRUS!!!!! :shok:

On a side note.... I hope the unfortunate timing of the opening of this store just as a pandemic was about to break out, doesn't turn out in the end to result in their closure before they even get started. 

That would suck.

Lol, knew you were gonna say something. That's why I threw that in there.      Did nothing, just don't care for: yesteryear outtadateness, bland boring roads with too many lights, dumb municipalities, pent up police in their city limits, crap mall(s), trying to be yupp winter springsians, tackiness everywhere on 8 lane roads. I don't know, just don't care for it. If you think about it, tell me, what the heck is there to like?   Anywho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Lol, knew you were gonna say something. That's why I threw that in there.      Did nothing, just don't care for: yesteryear outtadateness, bland boring roads with too many lights, dumb municipalities, pent up police in their city limits, crap mall(s), trying to be yupp winter springsians, tackiness everywhere on 8 lane roads. I don't know, just don't care for it. If you think about it, tell me, what the heck is there to like?   Anywho.

Well, the Zoo is kinda fun...and Oviedo has cheekens!

Edited by spenser1058

11 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

That's the Alafaya Ace.   Across ye ole county line.

I know its on Alafaya, but for some reason Tooles named it University Ace.  I'm good friends with a number of the managers in the franchise and they all refer to it as University.   They also refer to the OBT store as South Orange, and the Orange Ave store as Orlando.:dontknow:

image.png.bb8ba91a267579318171fb9dec513172.png

image.png.5df12bc9529a3df0a14edb3207140884.pngimage.png.a4a2c6b311c54d6e5286f6a5c334520f.png

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, codypet said:

I know its on Alafaya, but for some reason Tooles named it University Ace.  I'm good friends with a number of the managers in the franchise and they all refer to it as University.   They also refer to the OBT store as South Orange, and the Orange Ave store as Orlando.:dontknow:

What about the Curry Ford & Conway location? 

Do they have a less than logical name for that one too, or do they "just not talk about it" :ermm:  

Back in the pre-PC days...

(the “Helpful Hardware Man” is now “Helpful Hardware Folks” which works fine as a tag line but makes the jingle go sort of flat; but then, jingles are no longer used in ads much which is odd given I can remember many of them 50 years later and one of Barry Manilow’s most popular parts of his concerts are a medley of his commercial songs)

https://youtu.be/MRRQHHBcnp4

Edited by spenser1058

15 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Back in the pre-PC days...

(the “Helpful Hardware Man” is now “Helpful Hardware Folks” which works fine as a tag line but makes the jingle go sort of flat; but then, jingles are no longer used in ads much which is odd given I can remember many of them 50 years later and one of Barry Manilow’s most popular parts of his concerts are a medley of his commercial songs)

I guess it's lucky for Charlie Harper he died when he did....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I went there, but I just wore my regular everyday mask.

Not very crowded when I was there, but of course all the hand sanitizer and disinfectant were already gone, even at the 2 per customer limit. Rubbing alcohol was all gone too, though I did manage to score a couple of bottles of a sports injury liquid that contains a good bit of isopropyl alcohol. Better than nothing, I guess. 

Otherwise,, a pretty nice Dollar Tree.

Pretty big, too. Bigger I'd say than the East Colonial & Hampton store.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Well, I went there, but I just wore my regular everyday mask.

Not very crowded when I was there, but of course all the hand sanitizer and disinfectant were already gone, even at the 2 per customer limit. Rubbing alcohol was all gone too, though I did manage to score a couple of bottles of a sports injury liquid that contains a good bit of isopropyl alcohol. Better than nothing, I guess. 

Otherwise,, a pretty nice Dollar Tree.

Pretty big, too. Bigger I'd say than the East Colonial & Hampton store.

I want my Morrison’s back!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...