Hourglass District

sunshine

There's going to be quite a bit of room, but it remains to be seen if there's going to be any more space to pull in and pump once the parking spaces are placed.  Site plan says 30' from spaces to pumps  I feel like the north end of those spaces are roughly where the old building stood.

Confirmed:  Circle K as of 5/20. 

Permit B20903498

image.thumb.png.c4c9af12a32f05d64bababbfff148ee6.png

image.png.9a2a78bc63ce0a9c3091ad70b353fd8b.png

image.png.c84ca3819019dac944d4ab1696e96e18.png

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

There's going to be quite a bit of room, but it remains to be seen if there's going to be any more space to pull in and pump once the parking spaces are placed.  Site plan says 30' from spaces to pumps  I feel like the north end of those spaces are roughly where the old building stood.

Confirmed:  Circle K as of 5/20. 

Permit B20903498

Using the canopy in the Site Plan to scale the Google Satellite image, I placed the two images side by side for an accurate comparison...

newoldshell.png

The canopy is the blue rectangle, the old and new store buildings are the yellow rectangles and the solid red rectangle represents the size of the old building compared to the size of the new one.

Looks like your parking concerns are being adequately addressed. 

• Like 1

Yep.  From what I'm gathering, a much bigger building with  better amenities, parking that's no longer around a blind corner (10 spaces vs 8).  New pumps and a much nicer looking building with a brand name convenience store with it, and not a sea of asphalt to the corner.   The owners are the same, and I suspect the managers will be too.  All and all I know its just a gas station, but its one of those things, that you love to see.  Improved street presence in the neighborhood.  I like what I see so far.  We'll find out in July for sure when its done.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, codypet said:

Yep.  From what I'm gathering, a much bigger building with  better amenities, parking that's no longer around a blind corner (10 spaces vs 8).  New pumps and a much nicer looking building with a brand name convenience store with it, and not a sea of asphalt to the corner.   The owners are the same, and I suspect the managers will be too.  All and all I know its just a gas station, but its one of those things, that you love to see.  Improved street presence in the neighborhood.  I like what I see so far.  We'll find out in July for sure when its done.

It looks like they're repositioning the pumps on a diagonal orientation, too.

Ought to also make pulling in and out easier, too. 

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

If only there were room for a car wash…

I think there is room for a small, one-car stall....

IMG-20220621-135332-163.jpg

Just to the east of the store and on the north side  of that existing, white concrete knee wall where the dumpster is...

Screenshot-20220625-101300.jpg

Looks to be plenty of room there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, codypet said:

I know this is just a gas station, but this is going to be a much welcome improvement.  You love to see it.  Gas stations in particular don't get cleaned up like this often.  Just look at the other 3 east of this one.  Citgo/Right Fuel/Sunoco.

I wish they’d modernize the Chevron at Orange and Gore.

7 hours ago, codypet said:

I know this is just a gas station, but this is going to be a much welcome improvement.  You love to see it.  Gas stations in particular don't get cleaned up like this often.  Just look at the other 3 east of this one.  Citgo/Right Fuel/Sunoco.

I'm hoping they'll have some good food options.

Nothing like Wawa of course, but maybe something like 7 Eleven.

And a nice coffee bar.