Vanderbilt University Tower and West End Dorms, 20 stories/6 stories, 340 units

markhollin

So how many students are in each college?  The Ingram College and Kissam College were recent projects on campus. I just can't tell how many each of those dorms are supposed to house.  And isn't there a 10 story tower planned for the eastern corner of the last segment? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Vandy United Fund is two-thirds of the way to meeting its $300M goal to upgrade athletics facilities including a football-specific training center with a full-size indoor football field, a basketball-specific training facility, an expansion to McGugin Center for all other sports teams, and stadium upgrades with premium seating.  Fundraising will be opening now to the general population.  More details will be announced in the summer. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/29/vanderbilt-investing-300-million-in-athletics.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Vandy United Fund is two-thirds of the way to meeting its $300M goal to upgrade athletics facilities including a football-specific training center with a full-size indoor football field, a basketball-specific training facility, an expansion to McGugin Center for all other sports teams, and stadium upgrades with premium seating.  Fundraising will be opening now to the general population.  More details will be announced in the summer. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/29/vanderbilt-investing-300-million-in-athletics.html

I moved this over to the West End/Vandy Projects thread.

• Thanks 2

^^I know they’ve talked about building a new football stadium someday, but I wonder if they just went all chair backs in the current stadium (reducing seating to about 30k) and then built mostly corporate suites in the north end zone (similar to what Arkansas did a few years back in their open end zone) to bring in more $$…and refurbished the bathrooms, dressing rooms and concession areas…if that would be a good enough upgrade to get Vandy by for the next 50 years?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...