Vanderbilt University Tower and West End Dorms, 20 stories/6 stories, 340 units

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, samsonh said:

There are dozens of us, dozens!

Geez, that's all that was there? Reminds me of when I was young and  little league football teams would get free admittance to Vandy games if we wore our football jerseys. That helped fill the empty seats.

They're gonna either need to do that again or start winning!

To be fair to Vandy, I think it's a lot harder for college sports to pack stadiums when said college is in a city with things to do other than attend college sports games.  In somewhere like Tuscaloosa or Gainesville or Ann Arbor, that's pretty much the only ticket in town.  

• Like 4

On 9/18/2021 at 4:37 AM, nashscan said:

So who gets to live in the new castle penthouse?   I would like to tour it.  

If I recall correctly, there are apartments in the tower for the faculty head of house as well as other apartments for short-term distinguished visitors. I think the top floor might be a meeting room for the Chancellor / Board of Trust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, samsonh said:

There are dozens of us, dozens!

I'm not sure this is so much a reflection of enthusiasm for Vandy as it is the fact that some may not feel comfortable attending large events like this with near-record coronavirus cases and Tennessee (at the time) indeed having the most per capita cases in the country. Hopefully attendance will pick back up in the coming weeks as things get better (also, Georgia coming to town this Saturday will probably help as well). The university will probably be more enthusiastic about promoting attendance when it is not at cross-purposes with its other messaging on gatherings.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

I'm not sure this is so much a reflection of enthusiasm for Vandy as it is the fact that some may not feel comfortable attending large events like this with near-record coronavirus cases and Tennessee (at the time) indeed having the most per capita cases in the country. Hopefully attendance will pick back up in the coming weeks as things get better (also, Georgia coming to town this Saturday will probably help as well). The university will probably be more enthusiastic about promoting attendance when it is not at cross-purposes with its other messaging on gatherings.

It was an arrested development joke ;)

• Thanks 2