Vanderbilt University Tower and West End Dorms, 20 stories/6 stories, 340 units

markhollin

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

I thought the wall was in front of the Carmichael towers, but it looks like it's east of them. Either way, it's the wall seen here:

https://goo.gl/maps/8DC7RGzw1G7fncf99

That wall is not affected by the construction of the dorms replacing Carmichael Towers and there is nothing in Vanderbilt's College Halls plan to suggest it is going anywhere.

Back to the wall discussion, I noticed today that the 6’ decorative fence that used to span most of the distance between 21st Ave and the Carmichael Towers, separating the sidewalk from the campus buildings, has been removed.     And the lower limbs of the magnolia trees lining West End have recently been pruned above head height, with the effect that there is now much more of an open view from the street into the campus.      The low stone retaining wall is still there in places due to the change in grade between the sidewalk and the campus grounds, but all in all it’s a much more open feel. 

Yeah - it is mentioned here:  https://www.vanderbilt.edu/futurevu/framework/projects/ 

"Establishment of a new multi-use path along the campus perimeter at 21st Avenue and West End Avenue, encourages pedestrian and bicycle movement along 21st Avenue, improves connectivity along the edge of campus and brings the character of the Historic Core to the public edge of campus"

I've seen renderings, but I can't recall where.  It should look really nice and be much wider than a sidewalk. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...