2018 Wish List

roads-scholar

Before seeing my 2018 Wish List let's see what happened in 2017:

1. A Renaissance Park office building announcement.  5-story Gibbs Building was announced and eventually approved by DRB. 
  2. At least one top-tier restaurant announcement for one of the several vacant Morgan Square buildings.  Mezcal, Starbucks. 
  3. At least one top-tier restaurant announcement for East Main / Liberty near the soon-to-be renovated Bishop Furniture Building.  Spill the Beans (maybe not "Top Tier" but a good start)
  4. A destination retailer for the vacant Leader / Rome night club building on Morgan Square.
  5. At least one top-tier restaurant announcement to anchor the Montgomery Building's ground floor.  Little River Roasting (maybe not "Top Tier" but a good start)
  6. A big development announcement (residential, retail, office) for the Grain District to complement the new AC hotel.  The Farmer's Table relocation / real estate office in former Hub Bub building. 
  7. A solid tenant for the former Lockwood Greene headquarters on I-26.  U-haul
  8. An announcement by city and county officials for a joint city hall / county office building.  Preferably a high-rise and in a prominent location.  Voters approved 1-cent sales tax.  An encouraging beginning to an exciting project.    

Now for 2018:

1. More development (residential, commercial) in the Grain District to complement the AC Marriott Hotel.
  2. Carried over from my 2017 wish list, a top-tier restaurant announcement to anchor the Montgomery Building's ground floor.
  3. Carried over from my 2017 wish list, a destination retailer for the vacant Leader / Rome night club building on Morgan Square.
  4. Another development announcement for the East Main / Pine Street gateway intersection.
  5. Architectural renderings of the new county office building.
  6. A high-quality tenant is announced for the former Abby's Grill building. 
  7. Another Royce Camp mixed-use building downtown. 
  8. A redevelopment plan for the historic Coca Cola building on West Main Street. 
  9. And now for the big one: another downtown hotel announcement. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2018 List...

1) More development along Daniel Morgan in the Grain District

2)More housing (affordable condos/townhomes)

3) Continued unique uses for the open lots in downtown 

4) Keep pushing development along Church Street to fully tie Wofford into the downtown area.

5)A joint venture from the local Universities/Colleges to expand cultural offerings in downtown.  

I'd like to add to the 2018 list as well..

1) Some meaningful nightlife. Something like Blue Martini in other cities.  (http://bluemartinilounge.com)

2) More places to be open late... I want to see people (not homeless) walking around down town later in the evenings. 

3) Spartanburg to host a legitimate music festival, one that people will travel for. 

Archived