The ATX

56 East Ave. | ? Feet | 25-Stories | Planned

A sign recently went up at a county run mental health facility in the Rainey St. District.  It's for a project that's only 25-stories.  But it's mostly - if not all - office, so it should hit the 300' threshold I use for creating dedicated project threads.  Austin Towers has an article about it, and these are from Austin Towers:  

Eane4ge.pngwxU2EVO.png

These are from the architect's website:

OUwEg3V.pngVAJkaYf.pngTzFkGh5.png

Here's a previous concept for the site from 2014.  It was 30-stories and 345'.  I hope whatever the final version ends up being is better than the two concept renderings we have.

yHj2Pxe.png

Link

Here's another rendering from the listing for the project by a CBRE leasing agent.  It should be noted that this project is being proposed by the same developer of the nearby 39-story 99 Trinity residential proposal that has been languishing for years.  

hUFpn6M.png

The leasing link in my previous post was for a short term lease for the one-story building on the site.  But a second leasing opportunity has popped up on CBRE for 700,000 sq. ft. in the proposed building.  The  visionary rendering of the 25-story building proposed for the site has nowhere near 700,000 sq. ft. of space.  A building on that site would need to be around 40-stories to have 700,000 sq. ft. of leasable space.  Anyway, here's another rendering of the 25-story version from the marketing materials:  

mC8elFi.png