smeagolsfree

HOPES, WISHES, AND PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR

I agree with most of the other posts above.  Here are some additional ideas...

My Hopes:

- Musica Roundabout Fountains get fully funded and underway.
-Comfort Inn and the other motel planned near 14th and 15th Aves North get underway and jump start more development in that dilapidated neighborhood.
-Proposed 21 story boutique hotel at McGavock and 13th Ave. South gets approved by MDHA.
-City begins long-range plans for retractable roof football stadium on PSC Metals site.
-If the House of Blues project along 1st Ave. South gets approved, that it will be all brick and fit wonderfully into the feel of the neighborhood.
-The Stockyards Apartments project gets rejuvenated and underway.
-Germantown Union development gets financed and started.
-Platinum Hospitality finally announces their plans for a couple towers at SE corner of KVB and 6th Ave. South.

My Dreams:

-The beautiful old home on the Rudy Law site can somehow be relocated to Marathon Village.
-Vanderbilt Univ. begins releasing plans for all the land they have accumulated along Broadway and 21st Ave. South.
-Large hotelier buys land at NW corner of 8th Ave. South and Demonbreun and plans 30-40 story tower.
-Some version of the World Hotel (at least 35 stories) gets announced for SW corner of KVB and Hermitage Ave.
-The parking lot at NE corner of 4th AVe. South and Symphony Place gets developed into a minimum 35 story beauty.
-Someday the large lot along east side of Bicentennial Mall just south of new State Library/Archives (between 5th and 6th Aves North) will be developed into a new Natural History Museum or Center of Science and Industry.
- The family that owns the Nuehoff Plant can get their *stuff* together and finally get that site revitalized--so much potential. 

My Predictions:

-News begins to percolate around the NES property between Church St. and Charlotte Ave.
-Gulch Pedestrian Bridge gets underway, and spurs more land development on both sides of the tracks.
-Tony G. announces his next big project, either for lot across from 505 CST, or western edge of Music City Circle.
-One KVB Circle stimulates more development along Lafayette, including great offers for Shelby Smith's properties.
-Mark Bloom finally announces plans for minimum 15 story luxury brand hotel on his site at SW corner of Peabody and 2nd Ave. South.
-The Cumulus property at SE corner of 2nd Ave. and Peabody goes up for sale.
-The Mass Transit Plan passes, but their will be modifications.
-The Cloud Hill Greer Stadium redevelopment plan will move forward, but with some changes. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

I agree with most of the other posts above.  Here are some additional ideas...

My Hopes:

- Musica Roundabout Fountains get fully funded and underway.
-City begins long-range plans for retractable roof football stadium on PSC Metals site.

My Dreams:

-Vanderbilt Univ. begins releasing plans for all the land they have accumulated along Broadway and 21st Ave. South.
-Someday the large lot along east side of Bicentennial Mall just south of new State Library/Archives (between 5th and 6th Aves North) will be developed into a new Natural History Museum or Center of Science and Industry.

My Predictions:

-The Mass Transit Plan passes, but their will be modifications.

All of what you said, especially these  ^^^^^^^^^I like the towers, but appreciate the things that make a better community also.

I would imagine they would want to keep stadium talk very quiet for a few years and let the MLS Stadium and Transit plans settle in.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Absolutely!  I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I will never forgive Gaylord for shutting down Opryland.  I would give my right ear to have a theme park in Nashville that not only has awesome rides but that celebrates Nashville's unparalleled music industry.  I was never more proud than when I was when I was back in  France one year and ran across people who had been to Nashville and raved about going to Opryland.  For the price of a concert ticket, they got to spend an entire day wandering from show to show at Opryland.  They couldn't care less about the rides.  There was more musical talent in those 120 acres than in many small countries.

Absolutely. It was all about the music. Then somewhere along the line, they lost sight of what they were all about and tried to become another six flags.

And I might add, the food was great, also. I managed several restaurants in the first four years I worked there and am a little biased, but there was a good variety

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Absolutely. It was all about the music. Then somewhere along the line, they lost sight of what they were all about and tried to become another six flags.

And I might add, the food was great, also. I managed several restaurants in the first four years I worked there and am a little biased, but there was a good variety

The food!  My favorite was the Mexican place over by the Grizzly River Rampage which, unfortunately, switched to a bbq place a few years before Opryland closed.  My very first French Dip sandwich was at a place in the New Orleans section.  And there was the pizza place by the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  Geez it's been over 20 years and I still remember the food places almost as well as I remember the rides.

And as far as the rides go, I was perfectly happy with the selection they had although I wish they had built a big wooden roller coaster instead of the Screamin' Delta Demon but it's all a moot point now.  I even liked the Angle Inn (aka the "Tiltin' Hilton") which was near the Tin Lizzies.  There was nothing better on a hot Tennessee summer day than to get soaking wet at the Grizzly River Rampage then dry off on the Tennessee Waltz.  Dang I'm getting all emotional now.  Stupid Gaylord.

• Like 4

I went into the 'Angle Inn' once after the park closed for night. I sat in the chair on the wall. Weird experience!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2018/1/2 at 4:55 AM, Binbin98 said:

My wishes are another major corporate relocation, google to build an office in Nashville (or another tech company), more international flights and interest by airlines both domestic and international, and a 750+ foot building announced downtown (and eventually come to fruition). 

my predictions are amazon chooses Nashville (I’m not kidding either), more hotels and infill is built, and four seasons adds on to the second avenue project. I also predict and hope that the trolley barns project fall through and someone else eventually develops it.

well so far the last prediction i had happened, I'm 95% sure the four seasons one will be announced this year, and I am obviously not too sure about Amazon, but if I were them I would find Nashville surprisingly enticing. Sure it is not a big city with a large transportation system or hub airport, but I feel like with as large as a company as amazon, Nashville ranks high in everything they are looking for in general and Bezos could literally integrate amazon into the fabric of the city and become what Nashville will be known for forever. Specifically, the transportation system, airport, river north, amongst other things could all be centered around/constructed for Amazon as a company and their employees' convenience and accessibility, while also allowing them to enjoy just living in Nashville with a seriously high quality of life compared to other cities on the list (honestly only Boston, Austin, Denver, and Raleigh really strike me as having a possibly better quality of living than Nashville currently). Anyways it is just my musings, but still this could be a huge oppurtunity for Amazon and the city as a whole. But lets see if my prediction comes right even though at first i bet against nashville lol