DAVE LUNA SIXTH ANNIVERSARY OF PASSING

smeagolsfree

From John,

Dave;

It's been six years now since you have passed on. It's so hard to believe. Remember Hankster? He passed a few years ago as well and we only recently found out. We miss him as well.

In any case, you are truly missed! So much has happened since you left. There is so much going on that it would be hard to describe, but somehow I know you know.

I see you and hear your enthusiasm every time I walk downtown. You would love the vibrancy, the street activation, the people, the culture, the development, and all things Nashville 2018.

The forum has not been the same since you left us, and many new faces have started coming to the meets, but you are not forgotten. We have changed locations a few times, but your name comes up regularly. We had our 12th anniversary this past November.

I still have the picture of your last meet with us in December 2011. It's hard to believe you passed away in January 2012, and that was 6 years ago now. 

East Nashville has grown rapidly , and many downtown buildings have been renovated for new adaptive re-use. We are going to lose the Lifeway Campus tower this weekend, but as I recall, the Lifeway Campus was not something you cared for like your love for Lower Broadway, the CBD, and the burgeoning Gulch.

Traffic has become worse, but light rail is on the way. Germantown would be unrecognizable to you now, but you would love it! You would love the up and coming Charlotte corridor, Wedgewood Houston, and Nations areas as well.

We will have about 10-15 towers over 200 feet constructed or being constructed since you left.

Tony never built Signature, but we have something just as good called 505. A large glass beauty she is!

Yes, Lake Palmer is still there!

Well if I think of anything else, I will add something. I love you and miss you big brother! You always had a way of helping me see things in a different light. You taught me how to love life, even though half of the time I forget! Every time something else is announced, I always wish I could tell you about it. If you see Hankster, give him our, (the urban planet gang's) best.

Take Care my friend!

John 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.

Thanks for sending this John.

Dave you are always missed by those that remember you . Also to Hankster, the last time we spoke was just before your passing as we took a long drive and how amazed you were at all that was happening in Nashville.

Archived