Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

4-Star CB Lake Mary High’s Braeden Marshall chooses UCF over UNC, Wisconsin and Nebraska (sorry, Frosty!)

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/ucf-college-football-recruiting-florida-Braeden-Marshall-north-Carolina-Nebraska-Wisconsin-lake-Mary-190733102/

Recruiting wise, we’re #1 in the new look Big XII for 2023.

From CBS Sports 

Charge On!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, spenser1058 said:

Could 2023 Eustis WR Tyree Patterson flip from Hogtown to Beautiful East Orange County?

Stay tuned…

I hear the same thing, that he will opt for UCF...

On 7/30/2022 at 7:09 PM, spenser1058 said:

4-Star CB Lake Mary High’s Braeden Marshall chooses UCF over UNC, Wisconsin and Nebraska (sorry, Frosty!)

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/ucf-college-football-recruiting-florida-Braeden-Marshall-north-Carolina-Nebraska-Wisconsin-lake-Mary-190733102/

Recruiting wise, we’re #1 in the new look Big XII for 2023.

From CBS Sports 

Charge On!

Is Frosty gonna make it?  Nebraska is like a football institution...or...was...

Why can't UF play them when they suck?  Oh, wait, UF kind of sucks too, so...

Frost should have stayed at UCF and really put the pressure on the P5/G5 talk.  He might have made a difference in 2018...different plays and maybe Milton doesn't get hurt?  Two straight undefeated regular seasons and people start taking more notice... Dunno...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Apparently, UF really didn’t want him. He’s local, though, so I’ll be happy to have him with the Knights.

I really don't know.  After hearing Napier break down a WR corps, he analogizes it to a basketball team lineup.  Very intriguing the different role players in the lineup at any given time.  So each WR has to fit that sub-category.  It could have to do with that; maybe they have a lot of WR's in his category and they are looking for the other categories in WR...

• Like 1

Let’s check in on our good friends, Duh Cows:

When you add high school players, they have to be developed before they can really help you." -jeff scott

“That is somewhat true, but what bluechip high school recruit would want to go to usf knowing that the coach will quickly replace you with a transfer. Forget about developing a player, He needs to win and win now....aka, dead man walking... “

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Let’s check in on our good friends, Duh Cows:

When you add high school players, they have to be developed before they can really help you." -jeff scott

“That is somewhat true, but what bluechip high school recruit would want to go to usf knowing that the coach will quickly replace you with a transfer. Forget about developing a player, He needs to win and win now....aka, dead man walking... “

I wonder how many teams that may affect...

• Like 1

UCF icon Daunte Culpepper speaks to football team
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-knights-football-daunte-culpepper-gus-malzahn-20220803-7w2rh7wktrfadolh5o6lnps6he-story.html

From The Sentinel 

This is huge - it’s his second appearance with the Knights this summer after a long stretch of not joining us. For UCF, he’s still the standard and whoever has brought him back in the fold is also deserving of our thanks.

Glad to have you with us, Daunte!

• Like 1

In defense of Mikey Keene:

“There’s only one quarterback in the history of the program that can say they were under center and beat the Gators. Maybe I’m old school, but for me, that means something and can’t be dismissed.”

Gus will decide (supposedly before camp is over) and may the best man win, but Mikey, while perhaps not the best QB out there, has that same ineffable spark KZ had.

Charge On!

CBS Sports picks the best team for each state heading into 2022 and our winner is:

“Florida -- UCF: Florida held this title last year, but a disastrous 2021 season that resulted in the dismissal of coach Dan Mullen can't be ignored. Florida State and Miami are still trying to get back on track, which makes it hard to pick either one of them. UCF has at least nine wins in four of its last five seasons and topped the Gators in last season's Gasparilla Bowl. The Knights' grip on the state is tenuous, but the Sunshine State is still black and gold for now. -- Sallee”

Later, Gator!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/picking-the-best-college-football-team-in-each-state-entering-the-2022-season/

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

It’s weird after all the angst we’ve lived through from 2013 on. We frequently  heard, just as frat boy Rod whined in Breaking Away about adding a team from the town for IU’s Little 500 bike race, “But sir, they’re not good enough!”

Now, all of a sudden, it’s like it’s been the “Big 4” all along. I’m sure not complaining but I do feel like I’ve experienced whiplash.

And there’s the Duh Cows, but we won’t go there.

Edited by spenser1058

The preseason AP poll is out and Miami comes in at #16, UCF is #33 and the CJSI (fka UF) is #37. Free Shoes U is at Publix looking longingly at crab legs…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ap-top-25-poll-alabama-ohio-state-georgia-headline-college-football-rankings-ahead-of-2022-season/

From CBS Sports

Charge On!

At UCF, the boys just wanna have fun:

https://twitter.com/CoachGusMalzahn/status/1559321960961769488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1559321960961769488%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=

Bianchi and Marc Daniels were talking about this and noted they can’t even imagine Coach Billy doing this… but that’s what makes UCF… UCF.

Edited by spenser1058