Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

On 9/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, spenser1058 said:

Although what they saw of us was pretty embarrassing, ESPN reports, “LOU/UCF (was) ESPN2's most-viewed Friday game in nearly a decade”

Charge On!

That loss was a tough one.  Gus is a good coach regardless of what War Eagle thinks.  UCF will be fine moving forward.  I think this is a "turning the corner" year for UCF in that they will be perceived differently regardless of a loss or two, whereas like four years ago, a single loss made people view them as posers.  The viewership of that game is a big deal.

• Like 1

Well, it took a little too long to crank up the Gus Bus at Boca tonight, but once it got going, wow. Thankfully, Colton Boomer took over for Obarski at long last and we got to remember what field goals look like! 

Winter Park’s Alec Holler had a great night and the Knights cruised to a good win over the Owls, 40-14.

Charge On!

Bookmakers are going with a 20-point spread between UCF and the Ramblin’ Wreck That Is Georgia Tech.

What’s almost unheard of is that the G5 team is favored by 20 over the P5 team.

From The Atlanta Journal Constitution

They cover Dixie Like the Dew”*

Charge On!

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/unusual-point-spread-for-georgia-tech-ucf/G6B5DNQ7UJHLNFQXSEPS4M3FN4/

*One of my favorite responses to that longtime slogan from the AJ-C was from Creative Loafing, Atlanta’s alternative newspaper: “We Cover the Doo in Dixie”.

Edited by spenser1058

You have to feel bad for TMo. After stepping out over his skis while talking with Marc Daniels about his scheduling philosophy, he used a Paul Harvey analogy. 

He then had to spend more time telling all the young whippersnappers under 60 or so who the heck Paul Harvey was than he did talking about his pass on a UW 1-and-1.

Charge On!

“Here’s a stat: UCF has not lost back-to-back games against Power Five opponents in 6 years .

“Last happened in 2016 when UCF lost to both Michigan and Maryland that season. The Knights are 6-4 against P5 teams since.”

-Christian Simmons

Charge On!

UCF is favored over The Ramblin’ Wreck by 20.5

Former Head Coach (at both schools!) George O’Leary is handling the coin toss.

4:00pm Saturday at The Bounce House

Streaming on ESPNU

Edited by spenser1058

This is scary - the guy Coach O named the “coach in waiting”, Brent Key, is the OL coordinator for the Ramblin’ Wreck. 

Thank goodness Danny wasn’t having that or we never would have been National Champions!

Brent Key makes The Zooker look like a football genius!

Edited by spenser1058

After having no chance at kicking a field goal for many moons, true freshman Colton Boomer arrives and can’t miss. Our Knights seem to be overwhelmed by that fact and relied on Colton for an overabundance of kicks. 

We’ll take it, though, a 27 -10 win over The Ramblin’ Wreck.

Charge On!

FAU almost pulled off the upset against Purdue, only losing by two points.

Oh, and something I forgot, Duh poor hapless Cows lost again, this time to Louisville, 41-3. Sad, just sad.

Even sadder, however, is FIU, who lost to the Hilltoppers at WKU by 73 - 0. I’m beginning to wonder if they have a Genshaft of their own.

Edited by spenser1058

We spent yesterday driving home from Tennessee. (we had briefly considered stopping in Tallahassee on the way home for FSU v BC since we have season tickets but then my husband made the adult decision/realization that that idea was folly because we are no longer young. :tw_joy:)

We followed along with UCF, UF and UM games on an app while I drove and at first I thought he was making up some of those scores.  Well done Knights and Notes!

• Like 1

We have to wait ‘til Wed for UCFv SMU thanks to Ian.

Meanwhile, Duh Cows lose to Cousin Wayne’s East Carolina Pirates 48 -28. The lads from the Temple Terrace School of Crochet Arts are now 1-4.

”What if they built a $350 million on campus stadium and nobody came?” Those are Duh Poor Hapless Cows!

Meanwhile FSU is put to sleep by Wake; FAU loses to North Texas and FIU takes the win vs. New Mexico State.

Edited by spenser1058

Last week, Texas Tech beat Texas. Today, TT got beat by Kansas State and Oklahoma took it on the chin from TCU? What’s that you were saying again about the Big 12 not being left with any name schools? OU and Texas are right up there with Vandy in the SEC, it seems. The New, Improved Big 12 says to the Longhorns* and Sooners, “don’t let the door hit you on the way out!”

* Along with Da U, consistently one of the most overrated pre-season schools in the FBS. It takes more than oil money to field a winning team.

Is ANYONE surprised?

Preseason teams that are no longer ranked #5 Notre Dame #6 Texas A&M #9 Oklahoma #10 Baylor #15 Michigan State #16 Miami FL #17 Pitt #18 Wisconsin #19 Arkansas #24 Houston

From The Bleacher Report

Preview polls are as useless as t***s on a boar hog whose only purpose is to put the fix in for the writers’ favorite teams

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Is ANYONE surprised?

Preseason teams that are no longer ranked #5 Notre Dame #6 Texas A&M #9 Oklahoma #10 Baylor #15 Michigan State #16 Miami FL #17 Pitt #18 Wisconsin #19 Arkansas #24 Houston

From The Bleacher Report

Preview polls are as useless as t***s on a boat hog whose only purpose is to put the fix in for the writers’ favorite teams

Nah, you're right.  Jimbo's team...I feel like Finnegan from Star Trek TOS episode by the same name...he's getting raked over the coals for having great talent with little to show for it.  UM... OU... ND...

If SOS was HBC and had Jimbo's talent, they would without a doubt be undefeated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Nah, you're right.  Jimbo's team...I feel like Finnegan from Star Trek TOS episode by the same name...he's getting raked over the coals for having great talent with little to show for it.  UM... OU... ND...

If SOS was HBC and had Jimbo's talent, they would without a doubt be undefeated.

“Shore Leave”! Finnegan was cute - I always hoped we’d see more of him.

Imagine with 3-D printing and the ability to sell guests a visit to theme parks at outrageous prices (hello, Galactic Starcruiser!), Disney might be able to do something like that before long..

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

OK- on its third move thanks to Ian, our Knights will take on UCF Wednesday night at 7:00pm at the Bounce House.

It will be on ESPN 2 and the Knights are favored by 3, but SMU has often given the team fits over the years.

Since it’s a weeknight and classes have resumed, traffic could be…interesting.