Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyliner

The Upstate's New Water Park

Okay, I'll have to admit that I've not been there yet, but it is a great thing for the Upstate. :) I'm wondering if anyone has been there yet, or plans to go this summer? If you go, let us know what you thought of your time there.

Article about 'Discovery Island' :D

13570.jpg

The park owners have plans to expand the facilities in the coming years. :)

I think I saw an ad for this not long ago. Its sounds kinda cool, but I think I will wait until the novelty wears off.

I think this is a good idea. The upstate needs more recreational choices and a waterpark is a good start.

I haven't gone yet, but I do plan to take "the fam" there at some point this summer. Like Spartan, I'll wait for the novelty to wear off a bit though. Good thing, too...sounds like it's been packed:

So many have crowded into Greenville County's new water park during its opening weekends that some have been forced to wait outside the gates for swimmers to leave so as not to exceed the park's legal capacity.

Source

Water parks are to successful cities what swimming pools are to successful hotels. Better available amenities increases the chances of success, even if the residents (or hotel guests) don't use them.

Anyone heard anymore about Discovery Island expanding. Last year in it's first year, they had double to triple the attendance they planned and I thought there was talk of expanding, but haven't heard anymore.

I've not heard anything about Discovery Island expanding; however, my daughter is taking swimming lessons at the Westside Aquatic Center and rumor has it that the Greenville County Recreation District is planning to open a second water park at that location. This would be a very nice addition to the GCRD Facilities in this part of the county, indeed! :thumbsup:

Is it rumored to be an indoor water park? That would be a year round attraction to bring in some visitors.

Haven't heard that rumor, but that would definitely be a plus. :thumbsup:

Is it rumored to be an indoor water park? That would be a year round attraction to bring in some visitors.

I've not heard that rumor either, but that would definitely be interesting...