The Upstate's New Water Park

goodbye

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't gone yet, but I do plan to take "the fam" there at some point this summer. Like Spartan, I'll wait for the novelty to wear off a bit though. Good thing, too...sounds like it's been packed:

So many have crowded into Greenville County's new water park during its opening weekends that some have been forced to wait outside the gates for swimmers to leave so as not to exceed the park's legal capacity.

Source

• 10 months later...

Anyone heard anymore about Discovery Island expanding. Last year in it's first year, they had double to triple the attendance they planned and I thought there was talk of expanding, but haven't heard anymore.

I've not heard anything about Discovery Island expanding; however, my daughter is taking swimming lessons at the Westside Aquatic Center and rumor has it that the Greenville County Recreation District is planning to open a second water park at that location. This would be a very nice addition to the GCRD Facilities in this part of the county, indeed! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived