The Reservoir, 11 to 4 stories, 3 dozen buildings, 1,200 residential units, office, retail, 8th Ave. South/Edgehill Ave./Hillside Ave.

markhollin

If you notice, we get a large project, we lose a large project. We can handle some of these projects depending on the make up of the project, i.e., housing units, affordable ,housing units, commercial, retail, and office.

Remember this is not approved yet and I predict the size  will be cut back because of neighbor concerns, Metro concerns, and market conditions. You can only fill so much residential and commercial space at any given time, especially at out current population growth. We are still not close to the Austin growth rate and other city growth rates during their booms. The population growth needs to be well above 2%, and we are not.

• Like 1

I think developers that can find a way to make the math work for more affordable average rents are going to own the next couple of years. We've added a lot to the top of the market over the last few years but there's still plenty of unmet demand in the middle and bottom. Gotta get creative with location, materials, etc. though.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Metro Planning Commission has approved the 23 acre, mixed-use complex featuring 1,200 apartments. Elmington Capital Group will build the first phase, at the SW corner of 8th Ave. South and Edgehill Avenue, starting next year.  That will be the portion with the tallest buildings (maximum of 11 stories) featuring offices, apartments, a possible hotel, and some retail. 

The whole project, when completed in several phases, will feature 25% affordable housing. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/05/11/nashville-edgehill-apartment-complex-8th-avenue-reservoir/598969002/

Does this also include those small buildings directly at the corner of 8th and edgehill?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, markhollin said:

Here are some pics of the demo going on.  Phase I (Four 4 story buildings, approx. 350 units) update:  Land cleared, markers out.

Looking west from intersection of Hillside Ave. and Summit Ave:

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 9.00.10 PM.png

Looking north from intersection of Hillside Ave. and Summit Ave:

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 9.00.23 PM.png

Awesome to see they're still moving along.  Thanks for sharing photos.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Wow.  Great find.  I have been scouring for weeks as the progress has continued.  

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

Another rendering and a bit more info on Hillside Flats:

- 3 & 4 stories, 290 units.

- Fitness center, a business center, a mail-room and leasing offices

- 10,000 sq. ft. space for Salama, a non-profit extended child care center

Hillside Flats, May 12, 2020, render 2.png

I assume this first phase is going to replace the current subsidized housing units.  I know this was intended to include market rate units as well--is that phase 2?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...