520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

^^

Yeah, that was one of two rather large projects that were to go south of Sanctuary and then the bust hit.  They even did a groundbreaking ceremony for either this project or the one that was to go adjacent to it, or both.  I think Eola Place was to go adjacent to The Jackson, though.  But don't quote me b/c I can't remember.  That might be The Jackson to the left.  And, The Jackson's north face barely has any windows probably for this very reason.

This will be a "loose end" that will finally get wrapped up at least a decade later.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, gibby said:

As of Friday, there was zero movement on site.  I walk by every day.  Hopefully, something will start this week.

There’s no movement but cars no longer park there. It’s happening, feeling like they’re working on getting stuff in order behind the scenes and it’ll start soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bqknight said:

There’s no movement but cars no longer park there. It’s happening, feeling like they’re working on getting stuff in order behind the scenes and it’ll start soon.

This and radius should get going together then right?

• 2 weeks later...

It means there are people on the site doing survey work.  They are likely doing topographic measurements to see the current lay of the land, precise layouts of things like lot lines/building corners/easements, and setting up work points for later in the construction process.

I have an uncle that is a surveyor and a couple of friends in the field.  It is interesting stuff.

It's the pre-work stuff that means dirt is likely to start moving very soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, alex said:

Saw some white trucks parked on the lot and a group of guys walking the perimeter this morning. Not sure if it was 520-related or if they were looking at the surrounding right-of-way.

Can it be both? :tw_tounge_xd:

The intersection of Osceola and Church is THE WORST. No one knows whether to stop, or go or both.