520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

Not exactly a 520 thing but got this notice today of upcoming lane widening/permanent traffic change for the Lymmo bus at the end of the block, Church & Summerlin.  With all the rush hour/speeding/traffic problems on Church & Summerlin the Lymmo path could be redirected or real multi faceted solution to the problems at this intersection be explored.  Widening the lane *just for the Lymmo bus* feels like bringing a nickel to the dollar store - gonna need a lot more and should've known that walking in.

From Lynx "Per your request, the permit number for Church & Summerlin is ENG 2018-11736" ... but idk what any of the info in the permit means

20181109_172624.jpg

Edited by dwSouthEola
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, Jvest55 said:

13 floors, 360 apartments, 7K sq. ft. of retail space. It’ll be named Camden Lake Eola and include 6 floors of parking for residents. The amenity deck will be on top of the parking garage. Estimated completion date 2020, although construction should stop by late 2019. There may be construction noise from 7am-5pm, for the exception of pre-scheduled concrete pours, which can start as soon as 2am. Estimated rent is $2.25 per sq. ft.

Is there/was there a schedule of these "scheduled" concrete pours? They're happening every night and the entire 420 building is getting a bit sick of it, including myself and my husband. We haven't been able to sleep in 2 weeks. Every night at 2a it's magically day time as a giant spotlight shines into our building. Banging and yelling then happens from 2a until they leave around 6p. 

People in the building have called code enforcement but the decibel level is too low they say for it to be a violation.

I'm not a light sleeper, I'm not a complainer - I lived in 55W on a low floor right against the train tracks and never had an issue. This is getting to be unbearable though. 

Is there ANYTHING else we as tenants of 420 can do?

14 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Is there/was there a schedule of these "scheduled" concrete pours? They're happening every night and the entire 420 building is getting a bit sick of it, including myself and my husband. We haven't been able to sleep in 2 weeks. Every night at 2a it's magically day time as a giant spotlight shines into our building. Banging and yelling then happens from 2a until they leave around 6p. 

People in the building have called code enforcement but the decibel level is too low they say for it to be a violation.

I'm not a light sleeper, I'm not a complainer - I lived in 55W on a low floor right against the train tracks and never had an issue. This is getting to be unbearable though. 

I'd give your city commissioner's office a call. If you're in Patty's district, her aides are generally easy to work with. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 8:30 AM, bqknight said:

There is a schedule, but I am told it's updated less than 24 hours in advance. So you can either refresh the page daily or write a script to notify you of any HTML changes (that's what I'd do) http://balfourbeatty520.com/upcoming-events/

According to this, there is a pour scheduled for the 21st

You could threaten to Camden/420 about breaking your lease unless THEY put pressure on Balfour. Especially if many people in your building do the same. 

On 11/16/2018 at 8:30 AM, bqknight said:

Have they taken actual sound readings ? If you call OPD non emergency to make a complaint they'll ask "would you like to meet with an officer ?" say yes and request they bring a decibel reader.  If I remember correctly it shouldn't have to be taken by code enforcement.  When they come (and have the equipment) ask to see what the reading is, and are they reading dBA? dBC?  If they don't have the equipment or say it has to be code taking the reading, Eddie Crespo is the person who handles this area and he'll definitely return a call to talk to you about what's going on.

For an entire year we had ridiculous bass coming through our walls from the Tsar nightclub, every time we called they said the level wasn't enough for a violation.  I finally got a decibel reader and took video with imbedded date, time, geo location, showing the bass was 20dBC over the 10pm-7am sound ordinance limit.  Of course then the story changed to "our equipment must be broken" so Comm Sheehan bought them new equipment.  They finally cited the nightclub but what a process, legit robs you of the ability to enjoy your own home.  So many sleepless nights.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:44 PM, Jvest55 said:

There is a schedule, but I am told it's updated less than 24 hours in advance. So you can either refresh the page daily or write a script to notify you of any HTML changes (that's what I'd do) http://balfourbeatty520.com/upcoming-events/

According to this, there is a pour scheduled for the 21st

You could threaten to Camden/420 about breaking your lease unless THEY put pressure on Balfour. Especially if many people in your building do the same. 

White noise sleep machine may work wonders.  Fills the room!

• Like 1

posted about this before and then the project stalled so, had honestly hoped they reconsidered.  nope ! they've set up shop and appears they are in fact widening the lane at the end of the street -  not making a turn lane which would actually help traffic, just wider for the Lymmo bus to get by ? opens the door for even more dangerous driving than we see here already.. but they've made up their mind to do it so kudos to them for sticking to it ? i guess ?  has anyone seen a lane shift like this anywhere else in the city ?

seems with all the development on Church St that there should be some level of community input to address this, the stop signs we had to literally fight for at Eola & Osceola, couldn't they simply reroute the Lymmo bus which they already do quite frequently ?  what a waste of money and nobody would reply to emails, seems public service is only with whom you choose to serve.

20181212_132006.jpg

20181212_132019.jpg

20181212_132042.jpg

20181212_132205.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dwSouthEola said:

posted about this before and then the project stalled so, had honestly hoped they reconsidered.  nope ! they've set up shop and appears they are in fact widening the lane at the end of the street -  not making a turn lane which would actually help traffic, just wider for the Lymmo bus to get by ? opens the door for even more dangerous driving than we see here already.. but they've made up their mind to do it so kudos to them for sticking to it ? i guess ?  has anyone seen a lane shift like this anywhere else in the city ?

seems with all the development on Church St that there should be some level of community input to address this, the stop signs we had to literally fight for at Eola & Osceola, couldn't they simply reroute the Lymmo bus which they already do quite frequently ?  what a waste of money and nobody would reply to emails, seems public service is only with whom you choose to serve.

In reference to a re-route, these routes are very thoughtfully planned. The TIGER funding used to build the BRT, I believe, required a minimum of 50% of the route to be on a dedicated lane. Because they weren't able to add a dedicated lane on the East side of I4, they had to go deep into Parramore with dedicated lanes to get that 50%. I don't know about temporary re-routing for events and construction, but I bet if they changed how it ran on the East permanently, they'd have to go back to the Feds to approve the new route and possibly add more dedicated lanes.  

When it comes to this corner... who knows what they were thinking!

• Like 3

the bus lane info is interesting, i can see what you are saying there. everywhere else in the city the path has wide turns to accommodate how much room it needs but the roads here are narrow/two lanes - during a site inspection either the city or lynx admitted the lymmo path should never have been placed on church st but prob for reasons like you said, it's not going anywhere.

13 hours ago, smileguy said:

When it comes to this corner... who knows what they were thinking!

the corner of church/summerlin is bonkers, were these two roads always meant to support this much traffic ? over the past year during multiple city presentations they spoke of density and building density in the city core, but I don't think these roads were made/meant to handle traffic at the current volume let alone when the 520 is completed and hundreds more vehicles hit the streets with all the daily commuters and pass through traffic.. all this land has been rezoned for density without addressing infrastructure

• 1 month later...