520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

7 minutes ago, gibby said:

They put up the sidewalk detour signs all all four corners and they have a new construction trailer and some portable toilets on the Phase 3 property next door.  I expect it will be fully going on later this week or next week at the latest.

As a side note, for the first time ever I saw them giving a tour for the large restaurant space on the corner of 420 as well. 

Greenery Creamery is doing quite well in a unit there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

Glad to have found an active forum for downtown Orlando! My wife and I are buying into Star Tower and we look forward to watching the progress with 520 and providing updates where we can for the community...

Welcome welcome!  Glad to have you

21 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

Glad to have found an active forum for downtown Orlando! My wife and I are buying into Star Tower and we look forward to watching the progress with 520 and providing updates where we can for the community...

Oh fantastic!  Can you snap a photo of Modera from there when you get a chance and post it?

• Haha 1

Awesome! That will really round out the area.

Speaking of, anyone know if something is going on with the weird houses/apt units that are on the corner of Osceola and Pine between Post and Paramount? They seem to have emptied all the renters out in the last few weeks and the whole complex is empty now. I assume to make way for renovation/demolition but not sure if anything been put out there.

2 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Awesome! That will really round out the area.

Speaking of, anyone know if something is going on with the weird houses/apt units that are on the corner of Osceola and Pine between Post and Paramount? They seem to have emptied all the renters out in the last few weeks and the whole complex is empty now. I assume to make way for renovation/demolition but not sure if anything been put out there.

Oh - I hate that! I have always loved those cute little buildings. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Oh - I hate that! I have always loved those cute little buildings. 

Me too.

Here's something to remember them by...

103sosceola.png

8 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Really? Not a fan, prob skews my opinion that the tenants always trash the outside and throw big parties almost every day there.

Would be nice if they'd renovate them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

That isn't them. Its the run down ones next to Paramount and Post.

It’s the one across the street from those pictured. I walk by there every morning, didn’t realize they vacated them. 

They do look really trashy. Don’t know what else they would put there though...

LOL - Even back when I was young and pretty in the '80's, the ones next to The Paramount and behind Parkside were known as "Stoner Heights."   I went to some sketchy parties there back in the day.

The ones the photo is of have had renos over the years, although more cosmetic than structural. I always liked those.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

How about posting a street view screenshot?

I've looked and looked and I do not see any run down looking apartments on or near or across the street from the ones at the corner of S. Osceola and E. Pine, which I posted the pic of.

There is something that seems to match that description on the SE corner of S. Osceola and E. Church, but it looks to be on the 520 construction site and is likely coming down anyway.

I once knew a girl who lived in the ones pictured above, not the ones being demo'd.  She loved the outside look (this was immediately after a renovation) and hated everything about the inside of her place.  I'm assuming she rented, but I don't know for a fact because I never asked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

I once knew a girl who lived in the ones pictured above, not the ones being demo'd.  She loved the outside look (this was immediately after a renovation) and hated everything about the inside of her place.  I'm assuming she rented, but I don't know for a fact because I never asked.

Even walking by them everyday, I could never figure out if those were office units or residential. 

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

OK.

I figured it was offices.

Don't really look run down or trashy on Google Street View.

Google Street View attached. They look pretty trashy when you walk by them. Not horrible but...for the area...

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 8.43.19 AM.png

1 hour ago, bqknight said:

Even walking by them everyday, I could never figure out if those were office units or residential. 

Google Street View attached. They look pretty trashy when you walk by them. Not horrible but...for the area...

Man, I so would've planted hedges and relaid sod in that grass area towards the street and spruced that up...alot.

3 hours ago, bqknight said:

Partied there a ton in my 20s - it was grown up college