520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

On 7/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, bqknight said:

Quick update - they have begun to go vertical again. The 7th floor is now being built. However - it's literally brick by brick - so it's taking awhile. 

Skyhouse at 23 stories was built in 13 months, meanwhile 520 E Church & The Yard at Ivanhoe are still puttering along... brick. by. brick.

The company behind 520 is a publicly traded entity, you'd think they would want it done as fast as possible. Doesn't really make sense. Seems like a complex building so far, with the garage inside the middle and units wrapped around it. 

Edited by Jvest55
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

Almost vertical for a year and we’re wrapping up the 7th floor...

I'm honestly not sure how the usual building process is for a building this height but they are legit going brick by brick. 

I hope they're better quality than 420. I enjoy living there but there's already starting to be problems with the building. The elevators break all the time. You can hear your upstairs neighbor no matter what. Cabinetry and doors break or become misaligned. The location really makes it.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bqknight said:

SIAP. Their website is now live. Mentions cutting edge sound reducing tech. Maybe that’s why this is taking so long? 

Looks like they’re going higher end with this for sure. Can’t wait to see those rents. 

https://www.camdenliving.com/orlando-fl-apartments/camden-lake-eola

Interesting. I wish they would explain what measures are taken to mitigate sound transmission. Apparently Camden Waterford Lakes also uses sound reduction technology, whatever that means. The rental rates for the Waterford Lakes location are posted on the site (if that's any indication of what to expect).

Edited by nite owℓ

"cutting edge sound reducing tech" Nice BS marketing term. You will never see an explanation about it I guarantee it. 

Personally I dislike the design where the courtyard and pool is in the middle of the building, this creates a very loud atmosphere for residents who have an apartment on the inside. Similar to 420, it amplifies all outdoor sounds.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Sunday August 18th 2019

Construction is slow and they are adding something different now. 

This has been one of my least favorite projects so I'm not sure what they are doing. 

Here are a few photos though. 

What's different? That's the open court/pool area as per the rendering.

http://balfourbeatty520.com/

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.17.05 PM.png

Edited by Jvest55