520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

1 hour ago, gibby said:

The ARB-approved plans include townhome units on the south side.  I've been meaning to email the City about this for a few months.  The townhome units had better be included.

I promise I don't mean to call you out, but the difference between "meaning to email the City" and doing so is an important distinction. I have had numerous not so good outcomes with the City and other, but I realize them hearing from me is important. Please send the e mail if you feel the issue warrants it.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:50 PM, cwetteland said:

The garage and the rendering are on the south side, aka the backside.  The north side has residences that go down to just above the ground level retail.   As with the 420,  the north side is the front. 

According to the rendering that is on their website, there is supposed to be livable units on both sides. The rendering and the built building does not match.  The garage is inside and the units were supposed to be wrapped around. That's what it looked like at least, is it a con job? I don't understand. 

Edited by Jvest55

On 9/28/2019 at 1:31 PM, AmIReal said:

Notice, along the Mariposa side, the areas defined by dark lines appear to be living or retail units, but the areas without the dark line border seem to show parking spaces.

There are four brownstones - to single and two back to back, with "private" parking it appears.  So it's a mix of parking and residential fronting Mariposa.   Image via ARB report

mariposa.thumb.PNG.33d066e097cc6087eba8f6a25793711a.PNG

8 hours ago, smileguy said:

There are four brownstones - to single and two back to back, with "private" parking it appears.  So it's a mix of parking and residential fronting Mariposa.   Image via ARB report

mariposa.thumb.PNG.33d066e097cc6087eba8f6a25793711a.PNG

I see, it's just hard to visualize now since it looks like a parking lot 

Here's some other images that help

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 7.03.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 7.00.49 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, gibby said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

I concur to this, please check out the screenshot from the live-camera. The arb report is a nice joke or dream, and then the company does whatever they want after-the-fact. LMAO.  There doesn't look like there will be ANY livable units on the ground floor per the rendering, only on the Sanctuary side. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.34.21 PM.png

Even there own website is a lie, check out the homepage then look at the image above

960562660_ScreenShot2019-10-13at11_40_15PM.thumb.png.694ca4879f610f7adad2afebd3063942.png 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c71e87a16cbbfd68

Edited by Jvest55

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Looks to me like they have room to build out in front of the ramp.  Maybe I'm wrong.  The ramp floors have the brownstones against it based on the rendering.

There's maybe 6-10 feet from the garage to where I think the property line is.  Also, the ARB report appears to show them being cut into the garage spaces and not built out from the garage.  I emailed the City about this two weeks ago but I'm still waiting to hear back.

IMG_20191010_155909.jpg

11 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

I believe there is just one more floor to build out, along with the roof and then the height should be complete on this place.

I think there are three more floors, on the Eola Ave. side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gibby said:

There's maybe 6-10 feet from the garage to where I think the property line is.  Also, the ARB report appears to show them being cut into the garage spaces and not built out from the garage.  I emailed the City about this two weeks ago but I'm still waiting to hear back.

IMG_20191010_155909.jpg

Amazing..... 9 floors in 12 months............ wtf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shardoon said:

Amazing..... 9 floors in 12 months............ wtf

I'm just glad it's not another cheap wood framed apartment complex -- these concrete developments represent quality & permanency. I just hope they stick to the ARB site plan.

But in the back of my mind, I always think about how quickly Skyhouse went up: 23 floors and 230 units in approx 13 months.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gibby said:

Let us know if you need more people emailing the city to ask this question, if so, what is the email recommended we use?

I really want to find out too.

Thanks!

On 10/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, Jvest55 said:

Let us know if you need more people emailing the city to ask this question, if so, what is the email recommended we use?

I really want to find out too.

Thanks!

I've been emailing Doug Metzger in the Planning Dept.  He's normally really good about responding.  Maybe he's on vacation.  Any help would be appreciated.  We need to confirm that those units will be built.  Ground level for Phase 3 of this project will be much nicer it's facing some active units instead of just a garage like they have on the south side of 420.

• Like 1