520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

1 hour ago, AndyPok1 said:

Was so confused what I was being quoted on haha.

No idea why you think its an "extra $100".  The price seems super fair to me... $167 for electric covering a 1100sqft 2/2 in the middle of summer?  My 3/2 1300sqft is costing about the same amount.... after I installed new central A/C for $10k and replaced all the windows with energy efficient ones for $6k...

image.png.79813b9394ae9993a6f4953aaa5c1932.png

$6k was all it cost?  How many windows do you have?

3 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Was so confused what I was being quoted on haha.

No idea why you think its an "extra $100".  The price seems super fair to me... $167 for electric covering a 1100sqft 2/2 in the middle of summer?  My 3/2 1300sqft is costing about the same amount.... after I installed new central A/C for $10k and replaced all the windows with energy efficient ones for $6k...

image.png.79813b9394ae9993a6f4953aaa5c1932.png

Your apartment should have been a lot less compared to a house. Apartments are generally only exposed on one side. Minimal heat exposure above you (unless you were on the top floor)

Chilled water is expensive. 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, jack said:

Not on chilled water but on OUC electrical 

Solaire's unit's doors have to have that 1/2" to 1" gap under them for air circulation.  I think Solaire is the chilled water system as well as the offices...  With that gap you can hear everything out in the hallways.

1) Both cranes are down as of today, just a small part of the tower is left which I imagine will be gone by tomorrow.

2) I noticed that compared to Camden 420, they have added what looks like a bunch of white styrofoam blocks in between the individual HVAC units. Maybe this is some new method of sound suppression they are trying out. The air return turbine-looking things appear 10x larger than 420. I don't know the technical name, so forgive me for that.

3) I found a plan image of the ground floor. This is more updated than what was approved by the ARB as you can tell, there are no more townhouses where the parking garage is. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 8.10.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 8.12.35 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:48 PM, jrs2 said:

Solaire's unit's doors have to have that 1/2" to 1" gap under them for air circulation.  I think Solaire is the chilled water system as well as the offices...  With that gap you can hear everything out in the hallways.

Yes, the gap is for air circulation to introduce outside air into the unit. Put a unit in the hallway and you don't have to install one in every unit. Also, helps with running air in the winter months to suck out humidity of the handler in the units are not running. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...