520 Church St. | 12-Story Residential [Under Construction]

orange87

On 5/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Loving this!! 

IMG_20200509_074532.jpg

I always look forward to IAmFloridaBorn's posts.  He takes great photos, and gives me a reason to keep coming back to this forum.  It's nice for me to see someone out on the streets documenting Orlando's progress, since I can only see it for myself a couple times a year.  Not sure why more people on these forums don't just get out of their cars and take more photos.  It's not like cameraphones aren't ubiquitous these days! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do wish for many of the newer constructions that developers/designers/architects would take into account our local climate and weather. Orlando has intense sun and heat, and crazy thunderstorms and few if any have awnings or overhangs that shield pedestrians. I wonder why this is? It makes sense to have some overhanging portico or something  over doorways at the very least. 

• Like 3

I do wish for many of the newer constructions that developers/designers/architects would take into account our local climate and weather. Orlando has intense sun and heat, and crazy thunderstorms and few if any have awnings or overhangs that shield pedestrians. I wonder why this is? It makes sense to have some overhanging portico or something  over doorways at the very least. 

If I could give this post 100 likes, I would.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, smonteserin said:

I am curious to see how the large covered outdoor space at The Julian looks once it's being used.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 8:32 AM, bqknight said:

Kinda surprised they don't have pricing up yet - been thinking about moving across the street if the pricing is alright. The units look much nicer than 420's - and I'm pretty sure 420 will be under repair for the foreseeable future. 

I’m waiting as well. Interested in moving from Modera but my lease ends February so not looking too good for timing.

Whats the construction about at 420 anyway? I can’t figure out what they’re doing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aimorris said:

I’m waiting as well. Interested in moving from Modera but my lease ends February so not looking too good for timing.

Whats the construction about at 420 anyway? I can’t figure out what they’re doing.

I was told 520 has a February target open date right now and that pricing won't be available until shortly before that. 

420 has a lot of stucco issues (at least that's what the complex has said), which has caused water intrusion throughout the building. They are also painting the building while they're at it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aimorris said:

How is it living at Modera? (i.e. Pros/cons, etc.) Do you guys have a security guard that patrols the property?

11 hours ago, bqknight said:

I was told 520 has a February target open date right now and that pricing won't be available until shortly before that. 

420 has a lot of stucco issues (at least that's what the complex has said), which has caused water intrusion throughout the building. They are also painting the building while they're at it. 

See the Grande.  Same issue.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, codypet said:

See the Grande.  Same issue.

Yep. I saw that coming years ago, but didn't want to name names. The HOA assessments for repairs were NOT cheap either. Some owners paid it off up front, while others are prorating the assessment into their monthly fee.

This is also why I'm concerned about all these wood frame apartments getting built around downtown - they are not built to withstand FL weather. I've noticed even some of the newer concrete towers (Modera, Radius, a few buildings in CV, etc.) are cheaping out by not using concrete walls and have been using EIFS-like materials to complete the building envelope.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1