Could ATL ever host another Olympics?

ironchapman

Could ATL ever host another Olympics?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Could ATL ever host another Olympics?

• Yes-With all the proper preparations, sponsors, etc.
    • No-We could never host another one
    • Maybe-We'll just have to see

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, the spectators immensly enjoyed the Atlanta games. I believe that this was one of the games that tried to take into account the spectator as well as the athlete. The IOC didn't like this and will never take that into account. With their elite membership I would say it would be late this century after were all dead and gone before Atlanta could entertain this notion.

It's a shame....

If I remember correctly, the spectators immensly enjoyed the Atlanta games.  I believe that this was one of the games that tried to take into account the spectator as well as the athlete.  The IOC didn't like this and will never take that into account.  With their elite membership I would say it would be late this century after were all dead and gone before Atlanta could entertain this notion.

It's a shame....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently we must suffer for being the good guys and taking in to perspective how both sides feel (the spectator and the athelete).

The probelm the IOC had with Atlanta was that is was way too commercialized. I have to agree. I refused to drink a can of coke for years after it! :lol:

Seriously, the games appeared great to some Americans since we are so consumer driven, but the rest of the world didn't like it. The Olympics are about the athletes not the spectators. Also, when all was said and done Atlanta failed the most crutial test...security. That bombing in the park killed Atlanta's Olympic future forever. Munich can share Atlanta's pain. It may not have been their fault that those bad things happened, but people will forever relate the Olympics in Atlanta with a bombing.

Archived