Moore Building/15 Stories/222 ', 236,000 sq. ft. office space, 8,500 sq. ft. retail, internal garage, 19th & Chet Atkins

MidTenn1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

That's actually a fairly attractive building. 

Except the drawing makes it appear taller than the Morris. I realize the floor-ceiling height is greater with office, cf residential/hotel, but is that possible with 15 floors office over 21 floors residential? 

I've seen offices go at about 15" a floor...so that would put it at about 225'?  So...I could see 250' max.  Sound about right?

• Like 1

Looks like one drawing sort of shows 15 and another one is 16 floor.

Floor to ceiling on a typical office builing is 15, so 15 floors equates to 225 and if it is 16 , that makes it 240. The Morris is only 19 and at 10 feet a floor that would only be around 190. Both of these give or take some for the lobby.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looks like one drawing sort of shows 15 and another one is 16 floor.

Floor to ceiling on a typical office builing is 15, so 15 floors equates to 225 and if it is 16 , that makes it 240. The Morris is only 19 and at 10 feet a floor that would only be around 190. Both of these give or take some for the lobby.

Per the plans front sheet...

26008143408_b9de310c1c_z.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, arkitekte said:

I like this as well. I'm really excited to see a bit more information on materials and detailing of those materials. 

This adds to the already nice density that's formed almost overnight in the area. 

It may be hard to read, but here is information regarding the exterior materials to be used...

39882416791_61c60ed2d2_b.jpg

The complete plans set for Planning purposes is at   http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2017SP-095-001_plan.pdf.

• Like 3

Brick should look really good on it. I also like the retail and restaurant space their including, all of the new developments in this area are doing a top-notch job at street activation. Even if 90% of it is yoga studios, juice bars, and higher end restaurants. 

• Like 4

Another thread was started on this last November, but I'll go ahead and fly-in the improtant material from that into this one, and then delete the original.

Creed Investment Company will go before Metro Planning Commission on Dec. 14 to seek plan zoning for a 16 story tower, primarily office space, but also some retail.  This is on the .76 acre lot directly across 19th Ave. South from the brand new 19 story Morris residential tower. The address is 821-827 19th Ave. South.

Ragan Smith will handle land planning, and Gresham Smith will be architect. No renderings yet. 

Story is currently behind the paywall:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20981574/mixeduse-tower-eyed-for-midtown-site

Here is a view of the lot looking south along 19th Ave. South:

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Here is the location  (teal colored odd shaped lot in center) on a screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.18.43 AM.png

Arial view looking north from above Scarritt Bennett campus:

Creed Investment office tower lot, Nov 2, 2017.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Nice looking but I'm not a big fan of plopping an office building right in the middle of a booming residential area.  Would you want a big office complex in the middle of Germantown or 12th South?  The traffic would be ridiculous because while some people that would work there would live nearby others would commute from the suburbs. 

This neighborhood would be better served with the office building on West End or Music Row. Leave that spot for a really nice condo tower.

2 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

I disagree, respectfully. I think having a mix of office, residential, and hotel makes a neighborhood much more active at all hours. Solely residential neighborhoods tend to be kind of dead during the day, but office buildings hold plenty of daytime restaurant consumers, which makes for a much more active neighborhood. 

I agree completely.  Putting an office tower in Germantown might be one thing, but this is a more high density neighborhood that is more set up to be a true mixed use 24/7 area.

• Like 4