Moore Building/15 Stories/222 ', 236,000 sq. ft. office space, 8,500 sq. ft. retail, internal garage, 19th & Chet Atkins

MidTenn1

• 6 months later...

That whole area is really turning into something special, IMO.  There are a few neighborhoods that set Nashville apart from traditional peer cities, and this area is one of them (Sobro and The Gulch are others).  If I were looking for a home in the urban core, I would seriously consider living in this area. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looks as if Pete is perusing the architect websites again. :tw_dizzy: Like I have done so many times before. Glad you are doing it as there is lots of buried information there. I have found more than one or two projects that way.

I'm just sitting at home with a bad cold and nothing to do all day (and night) except surf the net. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

That whole area is really turning into something special, IMO.  There are a few neighborhoods that set Nashville apart from traditional peer cities, and this area is one of them (Sobro and The Gulch are others).  If I were looking for a home in the urban core, I would seriously consider living in this area. 

Atlanta has a Gulch and Sobro now I think.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Portman Holdings out of Atlanta has purchased the .7 acre site that was slated for The Moore from David Creed and Ryan Chapman.  They are now seeking Metro approval to increase the size of the structure from 214,000 sq. ft. to 255, 000 sq. ft. of office space.  No word on the purchase price or further details or rendering available yet.  If the building is to maintain the same footprint, this would be a 20% increase in height, meaning about another 3 stories, taking it up to at least 18 stories.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/07/19/veteran-atlanta-developer-buying-office-site.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Over the weekend, I checked out a link from The Tennessean (probably still there) that showed the Nashville skyline through the years. As recently as 2010 (when the Pinnacle building was built) the skyline was really small. But as things started moving south of Broad, and then west of Rosa Parks, including some big (but not necessarily tall) buildings in Midtown, the difference in the past 9 years has been nothing short of stunning. As we've discussed (lamented) here, Nashville doesn't have a tall skyline, but it now has a lot of breadth. In the next 5 years, the projects on line are going to make it look like a "bona fide" big city.  At some point, someone is going to build a 50+ tall tower that's going to separate Nashville from all its other midsize peers, but the biggest reason for that will be (not the new supertall but) the 31-block long skyline. 

Broadwest is gonna help a lot, as well.  Once you start seeing buildings close to 400' on the west side of the loop, it's going to really stretch the skyline in a new way.

• Like 4