Accessing the top of Raleigh's high-rises

nathanb

Hey all!

I'm looking for a memorable and unique place to propose, and I thought that the top floor of one of our tall buildings would be a great location! I'd need to be able to get up there on a Saturday evening due to her schedule, so that adds an additional challenge. Do you think that I have a chance of getting up any of the tall buildings like PNC Plaza or Two Hannover Square? And if I do get up one of those towers, is there a nice (and reasonably private) space there we can look out at the sunset?

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on how I can make this vision a reality! Thanks so much :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City Club (old Cardinal Club I think) is the nicest but it's members only. The Holiday Inn is not great but has a view. PNC tops out with residential. Not sure about the others. NH might have something. Not to diss Raleigh, but maybe try this in Charlotte? I bet their high-rise restaurant scene is much better. 

The Holiday Inn is a lightly used restaurant with a view south and west. I watch the fireworks up there some years. The brand new Marriott Residence Inn, is down by the Duke Energy Center. It has a rooftop bar, that I am told is hardly used at all, though I've never been in there. It faces SE and should have a view of the performing arts center outside on the patio. 

Very much I am guessing not what you are looking for, but a spot the downtown kids go to sometimes is called I think, level 7...its the top of the Wilmington St parking deck. People sit up there above the Landmark back patio and hang out. It has a nice view facing the rest of the tall skyline. 

Also, the Boylan Bridge, has arguably the best skyline view around. People make trips to the bridge for pictures all the time. Wedding pics. Snow day pics. Promo stuff etc. 

I called the BB&T building's management company, and they said they don't have any areas with a view on their top floors, which I find a little implausible but that seems to be a dead end.

I definitely considered the Boylan Bridge, but it's outdoors and I'm really hoping for something indoors. 

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll keep looking into what you guys are suggesting :)

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I would have plenty of ideas here in Charlotte but what about the new rooftop bar at the Residence Inn in downtown Raleigh? 

Here is the link https://www.10thandterrace.com/

what about your Skyhouse apartment tower? 

As someone who frequents Charlotte, do you happen to know of any such places in buildings there?  Not for proposing (yet — that day is still years away), but for a nice view.

10 minutes ago, Merthecat said:

As someone who frequents Charlotte, do you happen to know of any such places in buildings there?  Not for proposing (yet — that day is still years away), but for a nice view.

Yes many of them. The top of new Kimpton Hotel has a bar called Merchant and Trade overlooks Romare Bearden Park ,  Fahrenheit atop the Skye condo tower (public restaurant great skyline view ), the top of the new Spring Hill Suites on 5th St and opening in March of this year the new AC by Marriott hotel at the Epicenter will be the tallest open air bar in town.  In the summer on top of the LeMeridien hotel is an open air bar on McDowell St with great views.   Those are the most publically accessible ones I know of it.   Plus the Ritz Carlton has a bar not open air but on the top floor called Urban Sip. 

Merchant and Trade is pretty fancy and the have a dress code LOL no sneakers, t shirts etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived