Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, cwetteland said:

Part of me says,  pie in the sky; put it out there and see who spits at it (plenty).  But another part says, these peeps are moving along, they got initial city approval.  Then they submitted an application to the FAA, and, got  that approval.  They are taking real steps and getting approvals as they go.    If in fact tenants have shown interest, a fully approved plan is easier to sell than a pipe dream.

I’m going to LMAO when this gets built.

6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Dale was always on board with Church Street Plaza even when it seemed like a joke.   

I kidded about the delay but always assumed it would happen because it was Lincoln with a solid track record. This one’s more like the 7-star resort where it’s clear they don’t know the market and are in over their heads.

Think about it - first they couldn’t decide on an exact site downtown and then said, “Oh never mind, we’ll move uptown.”

The only other project that did that was the Orlando World Trade Center and what a fiasco that was.

Now that we can bet on sports legally, it might be fun for us urban geeks to place bets on the likelihood of proposed towers ever being completed.

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I kidded about the delay but always assumed it would happen because it was Lincoln with a solid track record. This one’s more like the 7-star resort where it’s clear they don’t know the market and are in over their heads.

Think about it - first they couldn’t decide on an exact site downtown and then said, “Oh never mind, we’ll move uptown.”

The only other project that did that was the Orlando World Trade Center and what a fiasco that was.

Now that we can bet on sports legally, it might be fun for us urban geeks to place bets on the likelihood of proposed towers ever being completed.

Ooof I would have lost a lot of money on Tradition Towers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I forgot to ignore you. Remind me to do so next time you need to pounce your chest

Speaking of which how can we block certain users anyway? If anybody can help

This is on my iPhone so if you’re using a PC it may be different.

At the top of the page on the right hand are three bars. Click on it, then click on Account. From there click on ignored users, search for the name you wish to ignore, click on Ignore User nd that should do it.

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I forgot to ignore you. Remind me to do so next time you need to pounce your chest

Speaking of which how can we block certain users anyway? If anybody can help

Seriously?

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

At the top of the page on the right hand are three bars. Click on it, then click on Account. From there click on ignored users, search for the name you wish to ignore, click on Ignore User nd that should do it.

...and you’re helping facilitate this?

4 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Seriously?

...and you’re helping facilitate this?

I’ve had to ignore 2 users in my 12 years here and it was a bear figuring it out. I try to be helpful whenever I can.

I’ll also say that sometimes the decision to ignore someone is as much about keeping me from overreacting as it is about the other person.

Some people just make you crazy and using ignore to step away from that is the best way to achieve no harm, no foul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, spenser1058 said:

Thank you. I'm on an Android. I more than likely overlooked it. Never ignored anyone on here and been reading/using since I WAS 14 HAHA.

Much like you said, more for me than anything else. 

I like Urban, want to make sure it stays that way

• Like 1