Jump to content

orange87

Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dale said:

I currently live in Charlotte, the Vatican of NASCAR, and the speedway here is a dump compared to Daytona.

Say three Hail Pettys, two Our Gordons, and you'll be seeing Big E in the Heaven 500 in no time!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Well, you gotta hand it to them. . . they sure know how to dream!

For this project, perhaps Viagra as a sponsor  - they seem to have an ED issue with proceeding...

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True. If you don't have funding, you have got to drum up interest to get it. That is why they keep doing the PR campaign. A Pro-Forma with prospected tenants and leased space and a real site plan goes a long way toward securing funding and these are necessary steps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwetteland said:

Part of me says,  pie in the sky; put it out there and see who spits at it (plenty).  But another part says, these peeps are moving along, they got initial city approval.  Then they submitted an application to the FAA, and, got  that approval.  They are taking real steps and getting approvals as they go.    If in fact tenants have shown interest, a fully approved plan is easier to sell than a pipe dream.

I’m going to LMAO when this gets built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dale said:

I’m going to LMAO when this gets built.

you said "when," not "if."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Dale was always on board with Church Street Plaza even when it seemed like a joke.   

I kidded about the delay but always assumed it would happen because it was Lincoln with a solid track record. This one’s more like the 7-star resort where it’s clear they don’t know the market and are in over their heads.

Think about it - first they couldn’t decide on an exact site downtown and then said, “Oh never mind, we’ll move uptown.”

The only other project that did that was the Orlando World Trade Center and what a fiasco that was.

Now that we can bet on sports legally, it might be fun for us urban geeks to place bets on the likelihood of proposed towers ever being completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I kidded about the delay but always assumed it would happen because it was Lincoln with a solid track record. This one’s more like the 7-star resort where it’s clear they don’t know the market and are in over their heads.

Think about it - first they couldn’t decide on an exact site downtown and then said, “Oh never mind, we’ll move uptown.”

The only other project that did that was the Orlando World Trade Center and what a fiasco that was.

Now that we can bet on sports legally, it might be fun for us urban geeks to place bets on the likelihood of proposed towers ever being completed.

 

Ooof I would have lost a lot of money on Tradition Towers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2019 at 10:05 AM, spenser1058 said:

For this project, perhaps Viagra as a sponsor  - they seem to have an ED issue with proceeding...

Ya gotta admit, it will be pretty impressive....

vmc.jpg

...if they ever get it up.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I'll stop laughing at the support for this project as soon as dirt moves. Until then , :tw_joy:

... at which point I’ll start laughing at you.

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I'll stop laughing at the support for this project as soon as dirt moves. Until then , :tw_joy:

Congrats! You're one of the "cool kids."

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dale said:

... at which point I’ll start laughing at you.

I forgot to ignore you. Remind me to do so next time you need to pounce your chest

Speaking of which how can we block certain users anyway? If anybody can help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I forgot to ignore you. Remind me to do so next time you need to pounce your chest

Speaking of which how can we block certain users anyway? If anybody can help

This is on my iPhone so if you’re using a PC it may be different.

At the top of the page on the right hand are three bars. Click on it, then click on Account. From there click on ignored users, search for the name you wish to ignore, click on Ignore User nd that should do it.

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I forgot to ignore you. Remind me to do so next time you need to pounce your chest

Speaking of which how can we block certain users anyway? If anybody can help

Seriously?

 

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

This is on my iPhone so if you’re using a PC it may be different.

At the top of the page on the right hand are three bars. Click on it, then click on Account. From there click on ignored users, search for the name you wish to ignore, click on Ignore User nd that should do it.

...and you’re helping facilitate this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Seriously?

 

...and you’re helping facilitate this?

I’ve had to ignore 2 users in my 12 years here and it was a bear figuring it out. I try to be helpful whenever I can.

I’ll also say that sometimes the decision to ignore someone is as much about keeping me from overreacting as it is about the other person.

Some people just make you crazy and using ignore to step away from that is the best way to achieve no harm, no foul.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Seriously?

...and you’re helping facilitate this?

What's wrong with someone wanting to put someone else on ignore and another someone helping them do it?

I was about to post the same instructions but spenser beat me to it.

No big deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, spenser1058 said:

This is on my iPhone so if you’re using a PC it may be different.

At the top of the page on the right hand are three bars. Click on it, then click on Account. From there click on ignored users, search for the name you wish to ignore, click on Ignore User nd that should do it.

Thank you. I'm on an Android. I more than likely overlooked it. Never ignored anyone on here and been reading/using since I WAS 14 HAHA.

Much like you said, more for me than anything else. 

I like Urban, want to make sure it stays that way

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.