Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

20 hours ago, Dale said:

Is there a way I can wrap my messages ? That way excitable forumers  would have to acknowledge a trigger warning to open the message.

I totally missed what was so offensive about your post.  IAmFloridaborn was laughing at the prospects of this thing ever getting built (which I agree with, BTW), and your retort was simply that you’d be laughing at him once it did get built (the humor being that he was so sure it wouldn’t get built, that he put himself out there, laughing out loud at the notion, but, unbeknownst, the inconceivable would actually in fact become reality: it unanticipatedly actually does get built to his shock and disbelief (and to everyone else’s, for that matter)).   That was my take anyway...maybe I missed something...

All joking aside, I still don’t think this will get built.  If it does then it will prove Socrates’ saying from Bill & Ted, that the ultimate wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

But I do find it interesting that there are info nuggets popping up that keep getting posted pointing to this potentially becoming a reality.  

Maybe it’s just marketing with a half life that it hasn’t hit yet.

• Like 1

Orange, that's geotech engineer on site taking soil core samples. A decent sign.  I sure wish they would have more info on the "funding" part of this proposal though. Haven't seen much on that yet, and it strikes me as though they are doing all this pre-work in order to bait the line for potential tenants and financial backers to bite still. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Agreed but those guys don’t work for free, right?  Even that scenario you described is more movement then I had thought this was going to be (World Trade Center).   

No they don't.  And generally they would have bought the land or had somebody with real money that could buy the land before they do Geo-tech testing. Sometimes they do it before the sale as CYA, due to the buyer not wanting to get stuck with brownfield/remediation needs, but then, the money/agreement would have been brought to the table and at least credible for that to occur. The team also said they had Tutor Perini doing precon work previously. Although to be fair, sometimes they DO work for free on precon. 

Property appraiser has that site currently owned by "
Mustang Orange Garland LLC"  326 E Hallandale Beach Blvd Hallandale Beach, FL 33009-5527, with an appraised value of approximately $1.5 Million, and last sale back in 2005. 
http://www.ocpafl.org/PRC/292223000800091.pdf

Edited by dcluley98

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, dcluley98 said:

Orange, that's geotech engineer on site taking soil core samples. A decent sign.  I sure wish they would have more info on the "funding" part of this proposal though. Haven't seen much on that yet, and it strikes me as though they are doing all this pre-work in order to bait the line for potential tenants and financial backers to bite still. 

I know I'm probably gonna get finger pointed at for snoozing, but in those photos from Orange above, that looks like the lot at around 1000 N. Orange Ave.  I thought these guys were eyeing land south of Livingston.  What did I miss?

• Thanks 1

Ever bought something from the store and found that the marketing for it was a lot better than the actual product?

That’s what this strikes me as.

Or, as the Bard would say, “...sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

See, dcluley, we can even throw in some Shakespeare at UP! (We’re at least as highbrow as Star Trek...)

Edited by spenser1058