Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

On 3/1/2019 at 5:56 PM, orange87 said:

Vertical Medical City has just announced that they will hire people based on race and gender instead of qualification.

vertical.png

Tabitha?  What about Samantha, Dick York, Dick Sergeant, and Larry Tate?

• 4 weeks later...

Every time this thread has a post, I get excited and think there’s a real update, only to find the same sarcastic comments I’ve seen for months. It might be a better use of a cynic’s time to just let this topic die. I can’t imagine ever posting in an “earth is flat” forum because I simply do not believe in it, so why even waste my time? All of my posts would just basically amount to “the earth is not flat!” In conjunction, perhaps if anyone doesn’t think this project is realistic, follow the same line of thinking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Every time this thread has a post, I get excited and think there’s a real update, only to find the same sarcastic comments I’ve seen for months. It might be a better use of a cynic’s time to just let this topic die. I can’t imagine ever posting in an “earth is flat” forum because I simply do not believe in it, so why even waste my time? All of my posts would just basically amount to “the earth is not flat!” In conjunction, perhaps if anyone doesn’t think this project is realistic, follow the same line of thinking?

I agree.

• Like 1

Somebody asked somewhere what we think the "next high-rise planned" is going to happen. I can't remember what thread (maybe Radius), so sorry, but I guess this is a decent place. 

I don't think VMC is going to happen anytime soon. Out of everything, I think that X-Orlando (formerly Golden Sparrow) will be the next to break ground, with a green site, an ARB approved design, and supposedly Miami developers backing it with very similar projects down south. 

VMC and others are still in dream and plan mode IMHO. 

Of course, CV development is still ongoing, although not highrise, and there are other projects going on, but that's what I think the next big one is. We were pretty good on showing the progress that confirmed Radius would be next a couple of months ago! :)

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

VMC reminds me a lot of the AAF - we keep being told there’s a “sober business plan” while red flags have been popping up from the beginning. Oh well, wishing will make it so!

AAF as the football league or All Aboard Florida (Brightline)?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 12:22 AM, dcluley98 said:

Somebody asked somewhere what we think the "next high-rise planned" is going to happen. I can't remember what thread (maybe Radius), so sorry, but I guess this is a decent place. 

I don't think VMC is going to happen anytime soon. Out of everything, I think that X-Orlando (formerly Golden Sparrow) will be the next to break ground, with a green site, an ARB approved design, and supposedly Miami developers backing it with very similar projects down south. 

VMC and others are still in dream and plan mode IMHO. 

Of course, CV development is still ongoing, although not highrise, and there are other projects going on, but that's what I think the next big one is. We were pretty good on showing the progress that confirmed Radius would be next a couple of months ago! :)

on Skyscraperpage they have the classification (or did) of "dream" project.  Those were sure thing office, residential or mixed use buildings.

I don't see this as even a "dream" project because of it's intended use.  It would make better sense if it was over water to justify it's design for what typically would otherwise be a campus-style development.

And because of that, I have built up this disdain towards the project heads because I don't believe them; I think they are simply trying to market the project to purchasers and so far nobody is stupid enough to bite.  Every time I see those tweets it gets under my skin.  I need a drink.

• Like 1

In terms of target demographic, purpose, need at this location, progress, integration with the local community, virtually anyway you look at it this project is a solution in search of a problem.

Given the principal is an architect who seems to have no clue that “Toto, we’re not in Chicago anymore”, is the only part of this farce which makes any sense.

Could I be proven wrong? Absolutely. And who knows? When the Walt Disney Studios were built in Burbank, its success was by no means a sure thing. So they incorporated ways to turn it into a hospital just in case (years later, they built the hospital across the street).

So, who knows? The quickest way to shut doubters like me up is to stop tweeting and to build something.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 2