Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

On 4/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, spenser1058 said:

In terms of target demographic, purpose, need at this location, progress, integration with the local community, virtually anyway you look at it this project is a solution in search of a problem.

Given the principal is an architect who seems to have no clue that “Toto, we’re not in Chicago anymore”, is the only part of this farce which makes any sense.

Could I be proven wrong? Absolutely. And who knows? When the Walt Disney Studios were built in Burbank, its success was by no means a sure thing. So they incorporated ways to turn it into a hospital just in case (years later, they built the hospital across the street).

So, who knows? The quickest way to shut doubters like me up is to stop tweeting and to build something.

"farce"

Get the 'F outta hear about the original Disney studios plans to refit it just in case...wow...  :)

It is a farce.  Who's tweets are more annoying, this lady's tweets or...   LOL.

At least some of His tweets are funny; hers are downright... I don't even know what the word is for it.  Maybe, douchey, in a Southpark spin on John Edward sort of way.

• Like 1

Nobody seems to think it’ll happen. I myself think it’s a long shot. Not enough to make the same jokes about it continuously in literally every single thread but enough to be pleasantly surprised if anything ever comes of it. The way I see it: don’t get your hopes up and you won’t be disappointed, but also don’t be such a cynic to a point of taxation for others.

• Like 1

New renderings look really good! I like all the green roof type elements incorporated into the design.  It is much better with a realistic design than that odd turquoise massing thing they were showing before. Should help with securing funding to have a realistic looking design to help sell to potential investors. 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, spenser1058 said:

In terms of target demographic, purpose, need at this location, progress, integration with the local community, virtually anyway you look at it this project is a solution in search of a problem.

Given the principal is an architect who seems to have no clue that “Toto, we’re not in Chicago anymore”, is the only part of this farce which makes any sense.

Could I be proven wrong? Absolutely. And who knows? When the Walt Disney Studios were built in Burbank, its success was by no means a sure thing. So they incorporated ways to turn it into a hospital just in case (years later, they built the hospital across the street).

So, who knows? The quickest way to shut doubters like me up is to stop tweeting and to build something.

Well said. 

The people who continue to post it and continue to make it seem like it's actually something noteworthy make me cringe I'll actually believe it when I see dirt moving or something

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from the new pics, but it doesn't look 40 stories anymore.  Still looks decent height and will obviously be an enormous improvement over the vacant grass lot that's currently there. Looks like a nice change of pace over the generic Orlando buildings with visors.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, W7edwin said:

tenor.gif.855343084ec6576ba3d14f7d591cf997.gif

whyyyy  is it short and stubby???

I mean its a nice design but idk I guess i was expecting the Burj Khalifa 

I'm still counting 40 floors ... so stubby, maybe, but short?  Really?  Each of those white squares  looks to be about 3 floors each  and there are 12 of them.  So that's 36. And by that scale there's another estimated 4 floors down by the lobby.  Total, about  40.

Edited by cwetteland

I'd also like to hear the story on the scrim.  Looks like a shark-gill skin. 

If Ms. Ponte is reading this, (and I am sure she probably is), you are doing it right, now.  Nice design, nice green, and I hope you succeed with your funding and your grandiose plan! 

Less propaganda, more substance usually works wonders. 

Edited by dcluley98

I do not proffer opinions of good taste. 

Such a task is a fool's game. 

I look at design and think "why?" And this design answers several "why's" but the funding is not there. 

As proposed, it is a great project. The architect has done well to convey it. The investment and development side, not so much, but do not fault Tabitha for dreaming and trying! 

If there were no dreamers, we would not have much!

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1