Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

• 4 months later...

Remember the endless stream of hype about this? Here’s your annual reminder that Vertical Medical City Orlando does not exist.

Oh, and if you’re keeping score at home, Vertical Medical City Chicago does not exist.

And Vertical Medical City Miami does not exist.

No doubt Ms. Ponte is just waiting to send out a flurry of publicity any day now for Vertical Medical City Antarctica since climate change is warming things up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orange87 said:

And you couldn't sound happier...

Certainly in that awful place she was trying to put it (at least in Orlando),I am. It’s like the whole concept of sense of place was foreign to her, which is curious for an architect.

Ironically, The Monarch site might be just the ticket.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Remember the endless stream of hype about this? Here’s your annual reminder that Vertical Medical City Orlando does not exist.

Oh, and if you’re keeping score at home, Vertical Medical City Chicago does not exist.

And Vertical Medical City Miami does not exist.

No doubt Ms. Ponte is just waiting to send out a flurry of publicity any day now for Vertical Medical City Antarctica since climate change is warming things up!

When I scooped her press release (which was somewhat obscure I might add), I did mention I was skeptical of the feasibility of the project but hey, Ponte dared to dream... meanwhile Bungalower, OBJ and others took the story after I posted and ran with it without even so much as a hat tip to their source. That's happened several times, but we here on Urban Planet do it all for free!

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Hmmm.  I'm going to start my own  cryptocurrency.  Do they even have any real estate to back it up with?

Haha, I think they do actually own a few pieces of property. But regardless, this reads like such an April Fools joke, the supposed benefits of her "proprietary" cryptocurrency is exactly what people are trying to get away from  The whole point is to have public trust in the algorithm.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

Interesting update from Florida YIMBY on new FAA permits being filed for this site for up to a 454’ tower.

https://floridayimby.com/2022/04/faa-permits-filed-for-454-foot-tall-skyscraper-at-1000-n-orange-avenue-in-orlando.html

Not sure what Ponte's angle is but I won't believe anything whatsoever until the building is entirely built out. Her thing is smokescreens, so I'm sure this is a ploy of some kind.

1 hour ago, Urban Mail Carrier said:

Can’t fault the owner for being persistent. I still like the concept of this project. More power to them if they can make it happen.

And we all know how long it takes to make big (and often times not so big) projects happen in DTO

• Haha 1

*Waits for donkeys to fly* - no doubt she’ll get this going right about the same time as VMC Miami and VMC Chicago.

Ms. Ponte is wasting her talents in architecture - her calling seems to lend itself to PR flack.

Strictly from an efficiency perspective, why exactly is she wasting all this time with the FAA over 13’? (We’ve heard this from her before).  Talk about a stunt. 

We’ve been waiting for her to get serious for how many years now?

On 4/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, Uncommon said:

Not sure what Ponte's angle is but I won't believe anything whatsoever until the building is entirely built out. Her thing is smokescreens, so I'm sure this is a ploy of some kind.

...make the site more marketable?

6 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Does she even own any land for this project yet?

...an option?  dunno.  but that's a good question.  I'm thinking she may try to get certain zoning approved that may be inclusive of office/residential as a fall back...