Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

17 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

No doubt she’ll include a 7-star resort, too!

I wanted that 7 star resort with helicopter pad so bad!  I just thought it was fascinating how a strip center owner could convert that strip center into a multistory urban mall with swanky futuristic hotel just like that.  I guess the mid-east potential backers didn't agree that it was a good investment.

4 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I have decided to build a 12-star resort.  I'm going to put 12 huge stars on the main building and it will be amazing.

that's like the hotel off of OBT & 408, called something like The Orlando Resort or whatever.  It is in Orlando, and motels are sometimes referred to as resorts (those on the beach at least)...

15 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

The article clearly stated she does not own the land. There are Miami vultures that own the land. 

shoot...if that's the case, I would hope those Miami vultures build a Miami-type 50-60 story glass tower on that lot...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I wanted that 7 star resort with helicopter pad so bad!  I just thought it was fascinating how a strip center owner could convert that strip center into a multistory urban mall with swanky futuristic hotel just like that.  I guess the mid-east potential backers didn't agree that it was a good investment.

that's like the hotel off of OBT & 408, called something like The Orlando Resort or whatever.  It is in Orlando, and motels are sometimes referred to as resorts (those on the beach at least)...

Not to worry - there’s now a helicopter pad right across the street from the strip center (and right next to Del Taco!).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Not to worry - there’s now a helicopter pad right across the street from the strip center (and right next to Del Taco!).

LOL. in typical Orlando fashion...we go from having a Dr. No-esque/ Jetsons helicopter pad 7 star Bldg to a tourist helicopter pad next to a BK... Business as usual...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Nothing beats the what the old Ramada at John Young and I-4 is now.  That Top Secret Resort.  Lots of pearl clutching if people knew what goes on in there.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, codypet said:

Nothing beats the what the old Ramada at John Young and I-4 is now.  That Top Secret Resort.  Lots of pearl clutching if people knew what goes on in there.

Oh my. I once stayed there when it was a Sheraton long ago. Come to think of it, this was in the late ‘70’s when I was living in Jax and came down to go with friends to Parliament House but I was too askeered to actually stay at PH.

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, codypet said:

so about five years ago my gf's daughter who was out of state booked a room there thinking it was a good place to be near the attractions; cheap, etc., the way it was marketed on the internet.  As soo as we found out she booked a room there for Spring Break, we were like...WHOA!

Did the 33rd Street Jail get built there after this hotel was built?

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Oh my. I once stayed there when it was a Sheraton long ago. Come to think of it, this was in the late ‘70’s when I was living in Jax and came down to go with friends to Parliament House but I was too askeered to actually stay at PH.

man my lexicon has grown substantially since joining UP.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

so about five years ago my gf's daughter who was out of state booked a room there thinking it was a good place to be near the attractions; cheap, etc., the way it was marketed on the internet.  As soo as we found out she booked a room there for Spring Break, we were like...WHOA!

The More You Know…

10 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

When it opened (about the same time as MK), it was a solid midrange property (hence the Sheraton flag). The Isle of Catalina behind it was still a somewhat upscale neighborhood and even Rio Grande hadn’t started to decline (when the Disney ops folks first moved from Anaheim, that was where most of them lived as there weren’t many apartments any closer to Disney at the time - the same for Oak Ridge Rd, where Pinehurst Park was the first stop for transferring Martin and OCP execs).

The downhill slide for those neighborhoods began later, as schools were rezoned and the area took a huge hit during the 1973 gas crisis which led to the ‘74’-‘75 recession. That one arguably hit the hardest of any of the recessions because the tourism industry had yet to diversify and it was mostly reliant on mom, pop and the kids getting here in the car from the northeast for school vacations.

• Like 1

The Volusia County Council with financial support from SJRWMD has voted to add about 1200 acres to the Palm Bluff Preserve near Osteen. 

This will increase the county’s Conservation 
Corridor (a big chunk of the “Palmetto Curtain”) to almost 40000 acres. That makes it almost 25% larger than WDW’s property by comparison:

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/news/local/volusia/2022/04/07/sprawling-volusia-county-conservation-area-to-get-bigger/9479570002/ 

From The News-Journal 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Not to sound like an ass or anything like that at all but is there something in this link that we didn't see before especially since it was created in 2019? I just I don't know if I'm overlooking something or what

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, F-L-A said:

Do you know something we don't? 

No.  I've supported a completely fake and made up notion that this is going to happen any day now for years.

It's a running gag at this point.  I know nothing, but I want to believe.  I used to use a Ron Paul gif, but moved on to Kofi Kingston because I'd rather see a picture of a WWE wrestler than the old man.

• Haha 2