Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

• 2 weeks later...

Those who can, do. Those who can’t, issue an endless stream of press releases. 

I think the “M” in VMC must stand for Macbeth:

”"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing…”

Did you know it’s now Dr. Ponte, after receiving a doctorate from that august institution, Nova Southeastern? Wow!

Edited by spenser1058

It's a design permit, not a construction permit.  Basically for sitework, underground (piers vaults) and parking deck. 

Description: *Application received on 6/8/22 via email* THE CONTRACTOR/COMPANY IS LISTED AS TBD Vertical medical city - Phase I - Package 1: Parking deck core and shell; proposed scope of work includes the design and engineering of a 13-story parking core structure including the design and engineering of piles and pile caps, mat foundation, slabs, columns, beams, vertical transportation systems locations and shafts, egress stairways locations and shafts per master plan and conditional use permit: MPL2019-10023 and CUP2019-10014 Zoning: AC-3A/T SEE DON FIELDS BEFORE ROUTING
Application Status: Open
Issued Date: 00/00/0000
Expiration Date: 12/12/2022
Finaled Date: 00/00/0000

I recall she played this game before when the site moved up to N Orange Ave. That was a couple of years ago. As usual, this dog didn’t hunt.

Maybe she can throw in a permit for a 7-star resort while she’s at it and the blueprints for Tradition Towers, too! Let’s have her redo the Cheney Power Station while she’s up that way. I wonder if she can build a stadium for Pat Williams’ Dreamers on top? That seems appropriate!

• 4 months later...

See! I TOLD y'all this project was legit!!!

Just kidding, Ponte is being sued for fraud.

"MOA Capital LLC, the successor to Tampa-based Phoenix Construction LLC, has sued Ponte and her company alleging that she committed fraud and breach of contract after accepting $600,000 from the investor.

MOA asserts that Ponte and HT knowingly misled Phoenix into believing it had the right to construct the tower, and that when the company asked to inspect Ponte Health’s financial records, the president provided records that were incomplete.

On June 25, 2019, the same month Ponte reportedly signed the deal with Phoenix, she purchased a four-bedroom pool home in the Hunter’s Creek neighborhood of south Orange County for $485,000 in the name Ponte Health P.A.
She took out a $390,000 mortgage, also in the name of Ponte Health, to finance the home purchase at 3734 Britainshire Court.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-ponte-health-lawsuit-20221020-qcbqrriiqvehxbidm4dmxjhkv4-story.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

"MOA Capital LLC, the successor to Tampa-based Phoenix Construction LLC, has sued Ponte and her company alleging that she committed fraud and breach of contract after accepting $600,000 from the investor.

MOA asserts that Ponte and HT knowingly misled Phoenix into believing it had the right to construct the tower, and that when the company asked to inspect Ponte Health’s financial records, the president provided records that were incomplete.

On June 25, 2019, the same month Ponte reportedly signed the deal with Phoenix, she purchased a four-bedroom pool home in the Hunter’s Creek neighborhood of south Orange County for $485,000 in the name Ponte Health P.A.
She took out a $390,000 mortgage, also in the name of Ponte Health, to finance the home purchase at 3734 Britainshire Court.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-ponte-health-lawsuit-20221020-qcbqrriiqvehxbidm4dmxjhkv4-story.html

I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Thanks for posting that.

11 hours ago, Uncommon said:

This is amazing.  How risky, especially with what I presume to be a high profile project.  Remember the Orlando City Center project, aka, converted Holiday Inn to The Lexington,  to the Crowne Plaza on the other side of I-4? That guy took the money and left the country. 

Most of these projects that turn out to be scams are easy to spot by doing a little digging (I raised the red flag on this one almost from the beginning).

OBJ and the Sentinel (which includes Growth Spotter) dutifully posted her press releases without question (showing the concept of investigative journalism is beyond them for the most part these days) .

Also, just because the City lets them pull a permit or reviews a project means pretty much nothing about the background of the developer.

Let’s try and remember all those things going forward, shall we? 

Edited by spenser1058

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Most of these projects that turn out to be scams are easy to spot by doing a little digging (I raised the red flag on this one almost from the beginning).

OBJ and the Sentinel (which includes Growth Spotter) dutifully posted her press releases without question (showing the concept of investigative journalism is beyond them for the most part these days) .

Also, just because the City lets them pull a permit or reviews a project means pretty much nothing about the background of the developer.

Let’s try and remember all those things going forward, shall we? 

I am curious to see the language of the construction contract (which I presume is at the heart of that dispute).  

• 2 months later...

I crack up at the prospect of more Publix's.  When the Daryl Carter/ Apopka Vineland Publix was highlighted as a point to get that shopping plaza approved my dad told me someone jumped up and said How many damn Publix's do you think we need here?  At this point Publix just needs to cool it.  I say that, but Winn Dixie is right down the street too.

15 hours ago, codypet said:

I crack up at the prospect of more Publix's.  When the Daryl Carter/ Apopka Vineland Publix was highlighted as a point to get that shopping plaza approved my dad told me someone jumped up and said How many damn Publix's do you think we need here?  At this point Publix just needs to cool it.  I say that, but Winn Dixie is right down the street too.

To be fair, that Publix is nice as hell. 

They have built a few if those new styles in Ocala. I like them. Pleasant. 

On 1/24/2023 at 9:02 AM, codypet said:

You do realize how many neighborhoods are on Apopka Vineland Road south of Sand Lake. With how much traffic there is lately on Sand Lake Road, any avoidance is a a major plus. I am grateful for this new publix..... and NO.....Winn Dixie food selection quality is nowhere near Publix. that Winn Dixie down the street is nothing more than a tourist supermarket filled to the brim of souvenirs and their best quality meats are made by tyson....... no thanks.