Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

52 minutes ago, shardoon said:

You do realize how many neighborhoods are on Apopka Vineland Road south of Sand Lake. With how much traffic there is lately on Sand Lake Road, any avoidance is a a major plus. I am grateful for this new publix..... and NO.....Winn Dixie food selection quality is nowhere near Publix. that Winn Dixie down the street is nothing more than a tourist supermarket filled to the brim of souvenirs and their best quality meats are made by tyson....... no thanks. 

isn't the next closest Publix at Conroy in Windermere to the north?

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

isn't the next closest Publix at Conroy in Windermere to the north?

2 in the middle of restaurant row on sand lake road. Horrible horrible horrible traffic. The one north near Conroy is so much further north. This new location is perfect.

Edited by shardoon
  • Like 1

A Publix there makes sense with all the new residential on Turkey Lake, Daryl Carter and South Apopka Vineland Road. I wonder if the selection will cater to the area like other publix stores that have specialty items considering there is the Synagogue, JCC, the Jama Masjid Mosque, and the Hindu Temple within walking distance.

11 hours ago, aleonrivera said:

A Publix there makes sense with all the new residential on Turkey Lake, Daryl Carter and South Apopka Vineland Road. I wonder if the selection will cater to the area like other publix stores that have specialty items considering there is the Synagogue, JCC, the Jama Masjid Mosque, and the Hindu Temple within walking distance.

I know the Winn Dixie has a pretty big kosher section. Almost like a supermarket within a supermarket with 3 to 4 ailes of all kosher food. This new publix only has a frozen food freezer of 2 to 3 freezer doors. 

22 hours ago, shardoon said:

You do realize how many neighborhoods are on Apopka Vineland Road south of Sand Lake. With how much traffic there is lately on Sand Lake Road, any avoidance is a a major plus. I am grateful for this new publix..... and NO.....Winn Dixie food selection quality is nowhere near Publix. that Winn Dixie down the street is nothing more than a tourist supermarket filled to the brim of souvenirs and their best quality meats are made by tyson....... no thanks. 

All the funnier that Winn Dixie was in the Goodings in the middle of DP.  At the time of the proposal, traffic was still manageable at Apopka Vineland and Sand Lake.  The south end of Buena Vista Woods wasn't there and the neighborhood south of Turtle Creek wasn't there.   

1 hour ago, codypet said:

All the funnier that Winn Dixie was in the Goodings in the middle of DP.  At the time of the proposal, traffic was still manageable at Apopka Vineland and Sand Lake.  The south end of Buena Vista Woods wasn't there and the neighborhood south of Turtle Creek wasn't there.   

I remember back in the late 1980's to early 1990's, there was literally nothing when you went south on Apopka Vineland from Sand Lake road. It was maybe 2 neighborhoods, tops, and then the rest oranges and wilderness. until you popped up to the intersection with 535. 

• 3 weeks later...

Per OBJ, "Orlando staff have recommended approval of the master plan of Ponte Health Properties LLC's proposed large downtown medical tower dubbed Health Towers."

"If the municipal planning board approves the project, the minutes of the meeting being approved by city council would be voted on March 20. Ponte Health would submit its final revisions for the final site plan determination to the city after the municipal planning board meeting, and then would have to go through final appearance review board evaluation, platting and then the building permit process."

"...the project's prior approval for master plan and conditional-use permits to allow a 440-foot-tall, assisted-living/medical facility from 2019 expired in fall 2022."

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2023/02/15/health-towers-downtown-vertical-medical-city-ponte.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, codypet said:

is this for real?   financing...is there a market for that, in that, banks would say, "yes, this is a good risk for us to loan you that $$$?" I just don't see it...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, orange87 said:

"Last year, she said she was closing financing for the project."

I can't believe it, but it looks like there's a chance this actually gets built.

uses aside, this is a good looking structure; floor to ceiling glass; modern; a little cosmo too...it can really change the complexion of that part of downtown... Orlando Palace and those twins called something like Emerald? where NORA is at were supposed to be the transformative projects during the boom...

• Like 1

This will not break ground in 3 months.  They just submitted another MPB review document in February. Would have to be approved from that meeting with any planning and design revisions, and then pass ARB first, with finalized design, and permitting. 

MAYBE, they might do sight clearing or something just to look like they are starting something and get more interest/publicity, but would not be going vertical any time soon with the current state of the approval process.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

This will not break ground in 3 months.  They just submitted another MPB review document in February. Would have to be approved from that meeting with any planning and design revisions, and then pass ARB first, with finalized design, and permitting. 

MAYBE, they might do sight clearing or something just to look like they are starting something and get more interest/publicity, but would not be going vertical any time soon with the current state of the approval process.

According to the WFTV link, they got the MPB approval on Tuesday.   That leaves ARB and permitting.  The quote is carefully worded.

"The building’s developer, Tabitha Ponte of Ponte Health, said on Tuesday that she was on track for mobilized construction in three months if everything goes well.........

Ponte said she expects a 42-month construction timeline, which placed potential completion and occupancy in December 2026."

On track for mobilized construction says to me site work.  I believe she can get away with that without ARB and  some of the permitting right?

I will say, there's a permit noticibly absent from the SJRWMD website.

image.thumb.png.40e6bfae7ff5b9c64efa763dfadc530c.png

Edited by codypet
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can't do sitework without a permit. 

Need to have underground fully designed and planned to pull a permit.  Being in city limits, there will be underground coordination and planning and they will need to do that first.  They can get temporary power and put a trailer on site, which is probably what "mobilize on site" means. 

Basically more lipstick to sell the job with a trailer until they get the real design, approval, and financing done. 

They can realistically put a port-a-potty and a trailer on site without the actual building work being done. They will be paying a nominal fee to put that on site and a recurring fee to maintain power/data and site services such as the port-a-potty and cleaning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1