• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OnePointEast said:

People who live in downtown, what do you all think of the proposed bill on the noise pollution?

Well this is either the second or third time they have looked at this and have passed one or two bills already. I think they may just need to enforce what they have, like all the other laws and ordinances already on the books.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well this is either the second or third time they have looked at this and have passed one or two bills already. I think they may just need to enforce what they have, like all the other laws and ordinances already on the books.

From what I could gather from Councilman O’Connell’s email is that the bill simply consolidates the existing noise ordinances into one section of the code vs having them in different places depending on what is causing the noise. 

• Thanks 2

I just went to WTVF to read the story. It would really help if the article was posted here. Not as bad as I thought, but there are still a lot of ordinances on the books that simply need to be enforced by Metro.

Here is the story:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/proposed-bill-would-simplify-how-to-make-a-noise-complaint-in-nashville

18 hours ago, OnePointEast said:

People who live in downtown, what do you all think of the proposed bill on the noise pollution?

As @downtownresident pointed out, this bill consolidates the various noise ordinances.

A neighbor in Terrazzo recently found the solution to the noise problem (at least for condo owners) - he had a second set of double-pane windows installed within the inside frame of the current windows.  He said his condo is now so quiet he can hear the motor running in his wine cooler, and he faces I-40/I-65.

If you're going to live downtown, you're going to have concerts and events going late at night, "boom boom" cars driving through at 1AM on Friday and Saturday nights, construction nearby, and party wagons full of woohoo girls.  Limiting event noise to 11 pm or midnight is probably right.  If you limit the hours for construction noise, you're forcing those trucks to be on the road during peak business hours, increasing congestion.  If you need peace and quiet, move to a part of town where your neighbors are quiet.  If you live downtown, enjoy the activity.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Working on 6th floor on south side, beginning 7th floor on north side. 

Looking NW from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Gay St:

TownePlace Suites, Gay St, Sept 30, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NE from Gay St., 1/4 block east of James Robertson Parkway:

TownePlace Suites, Gay St, Sept 30, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking south from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and 4th Ave. North:

TownePlace Suites, Gay St, Sept 30, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking SE from 4th Ave. North, 1/2 block west of 3rd Ave. North:

TownePlace Suites, Gay St, Sept 30, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 3