1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Overall, I think this is a handsome design.

Town Place Suites, Feb 8, 2018, render 1.png

Town Place Suites, Feb 8, 2018, render 2.png

I agree and I think this is a good scale for this part of the City, virtually at the foot of 'Capitol Hill' (just made that up). The materials look appropriate, also. Now, about those two u**y apartment towers and Parkway Towers; if only we could do something about those.

• Like 1

I think this looks incredible, for where it is in downtown, And it’s nice infill. I have to think the back of downtown, where all the government buildings are, will start to become more dense in the coming years. There’s so much land that is yet to be developed  in Germantown, right across the railroad tracks from here.

Edited by wreynol4
  • Like 1

Work appears to be getting started soon. The Realtors Building on the site should be razed any day now. Nashville PropCo. LLC has landed a permit for a construction trailer, with Chicago-based Bulley & Andrews seemingly to serve as general contractor.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21025278/start-looms-on-donelson-hyatt-house

• Like 3

Razing complete.

Looking SW from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and 4th Ave. North:

Towne Place Suites, Gay St, Nov 3, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE along Gay st., just east of James Robertson Parkway:

Towne Place Suites, Gay St, Nov 3, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

It's going to be interesting to see the looks on the faces of guests when they realize they paid $400/night on a Titans weekend to stay at a mid level hotel in an area with no nightlife that is next to the jail.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, UTgrad09 said:

It's going to be interesting to see the looks on the faces of guests when they realize they paid $400/night on a Titans weekend to stay at a mid level hotel in an area with no nightlife that is next to the jail.

Prices will go down once all of these hotels open... from $400 a night to $395. It will seem like a steal!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I’d much rather this location at $400/night than the Stadium Inn at $24.99 (or any other price).

• Haha 2