CATS Long Term Transit Plan - Silver, Red Lines

monsoon

It already takes nearly half an hour to ride the blue line from either end to the CTC in Uptown.  I don’t see people wanting to ride the light rail for much more than half an hour.  It would be better to focus more on the silver line and any other future lines than to extend the blue line much further.

• Like 4

Here is Thom Tillis taking credit for a grant to CATS which was awarded nearly a decade ago (Tillis is announcing a work progress payment).

Geee, thanks Thom. You weren't even in office when the grant was awarded.

https://www.tillis.senate.gov/2019/6/tillis-burr-advocate-on-behalf-of-nc-to-secure-110-million-in-dot-grants

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

^Someday, a smart wallet will just pick up on your mobile location and ask if you consent to debit for highway tolls, transit fares, and/or micro-mobility rates automatically, then send texts on any changes in charge rates and record of account charges, plus alerts for construction, incidents, or low fund balances.  Real-time scheduling with on-demand scheduling and instantly updated turns for flex-bus will also revolutionize transit, especially outside high-density, exclusive lane/track corridors.

49 minutes ago, CLT> said:

Rock Hill to Charlotte light rail momentum is growing. As for York County plans?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article231676283.html

Someone needs to bring commuter rail into the picture for them soon. 

The conversation of an I-77 rail corridor needs to be brought up by more people. Problem is that its a multi state multi jurisdictional plan and no one wants to step up and request funding for this. I'm shocked that Gov. McMaster is perhaps the leader in this effort.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, Matthew.Brendan said:

People already spend far more than 30 minutes in their cars, where you have to remain a consciously active participant in stop and go traffic. (and really who doesn’t love that??)

30+ mins on a train where you are free to do just about whatever you want is not nearly the same....

For people sitting down, no big deal to ride for 30+ minutes, but standing on a train for that long is a bad experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Niner National said:

For people sitting down, no big deal to ride for 30+ minutes, but standing on a train for that long is a bad experience.

I remember standing on a packed commuter train from Barcelona to Montserrat for a little more than an hour. It was miserable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 8:23 PM, elrodvt said:

Fukouaka to Nagasaki for an hour at JP comfortable temps and in the smoking car.

People were seated in the restrooms and between cars. 

Miserable! But hey it's the experience right? At least I had 4 cold Yebisu blacks!

That bad ? I thought that JP trains were among the best in the world.

5 hours ago, Dale said:

They are. The train probably left and arrived within seconds of the planned time rather than minutes. That's why so many people use them. They're fast, reliable, and efficient.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dale said:

They are. This was very abnormal. I was coming back from a big baseball game and I think a concert had just ended. Plus the Nagasaki route is an old one without Shinkansen service.