monsoon

CATS Long Term Transit Plan - Silver, Red, Airport Lines

3 hours ago, kermit said:

How many more of you all would buy a CATS pass if it were $1 a day?

Having a pass has seriously changed my ridership patterns. Although better weekend and off-peak frequencies would make me ride even more.

My wife works in Uptown 4 days a week and takes the lightrail. Currently it is an extra $14.00 a month if she wanted a monthly pass versus a daily. I understand they want frequent riders to pay, but if they were to reduce a monthly pass to $70 or something lower/more economical for slightly below peak ridership, I honestly would think they would make more money. Especially if they would include people who only pay when cars are being checked or who don't have a traditional commute 5 days a week. 

• Like 2

I used to ride but couldn't find the right daycare off the light rail. I drive daily now to be able to chain trip my pick up / drop off while en route to work. If I could run more errands off the light rail while on my way home, I'd certainly pay the fare. I wish we had a better concentration of services around stations. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

Dallas seems to get 60M from FTA for extending 28 light rail station to 3 train car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it's a new month and there are new rezoning applications with site plans up for browsing...

I think I've found one of the first (the first?) rezoning application that specifically lists Silver Line Extension reserved ROW.  I have to say I am very happy to see the ROW reservation already in place!

See for yourself 2019-070

image.thumb.png.cbc5d716b376c1d4f2a810b9752bb6ab.png

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Scribe said:

So, it's a new month and there are new rezoning applications with site plans up for browsing...

I think I've found one of the first (the first?) rezoning application that specifically lists Silver Line Extension reserved ROW.  I have to say I am very happy to see the ROW reservation already in place!

See for yourself 2019-070

Great to see! but then also the irony of it being part of a car dealership. At least that's not taking up space immediately next to a planned stop (village lake station would be about 3/4 mile south)

3 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Great to see! but then also the irony of it being part of a car dealership. At least that's not taking up space immediately next to a planned stop

I know, but it seems that will be the problem for a big chunk of the Silver Line corridor south of Uptown.

So, looking further, there is another rezoning petition that is just north of the one above and is asking for MUDD-O zoning for Residential Multi-Family on ~4 acres of land. Is it me, or is this a pretty good indicator developers are gobbling up the land with Silver Line in mind 10+ year ahead of speculated opening date???

image.thumb.png.763de67f474c6e539c6fd1b896374b5d.png

Kids had soccer camp in Matthews SportsPlex... Gotta say Matthews commuters seem to use their express bus routes too. ~7:30 am bus stops have 10+ people..

• Like 2