Austin | 504 E. 5th | 460' | 37-Stories | Proposed

The ATX

Here's yet another 30-story or so tower proposal.  I posted the renderings of the historical Depot Hotel redo that is part of this project  in the Proposed Projects thread.  But thanks to TOWERS we have a little info about the tower,

According to Lynch, Allen Harrison Company is planning a high-rise of approximately 30 stories, but the tower is still in the design stage and the exact height and square footage are yet to be determined.

Here are the street level renderings of the Depot Hotel.

Austin_OldDepotHOTEL_concept-1.jpg

Austin_OldDepotHotel_concept-2.jpg

Austin_OldDepotHotel_concept-3.jpg

TOWERS

Towers also has a couple of massing renderings.  I suspect this project will be a hotel due to its proximity to the convention center and 6th St.

carmelos-tower-1.jpg

carmelos-tower-2.jpg

TOWERS

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The developer who purchased the site from the original developer has changed the project from residential/hotel to office.  I changed the thread title from "Old Depot Hotel Site" to "504 E. 5th".  According to the  Austin Business Journal, the site plan filing is "imminent".  The old Depot Hotel is a historical structure, and will have to be part of the office project as it was for the hotel/residential plans.  Also, the Capitol View Corridor (CVC) on the site will require that the office tower be built much like the visionary renderings posted above.  But it could be taller than the renderings.

• 9 months later...

I'm putting a fork in this project as well as a couple others that I have a thread for.  The developer has been buying up prime (and expensive) downtown property for years, and has done nothing with them except pay property taxes - not a winning business model.  Apparently he is a nut job and is facing several law suits in addition to having his current offices, previous offices and his home raided by the FBI and Treasury Department this week.

ATX Real Estate News

• The ATX changed the title to Austin | 504 E. 5th | 460' | 37-Stories | Proposed