Charlotte Tech News

KJHburg

Charlotte and Raleigh Durham and Nashville are the emerging tech markets as noted by CBRE

Here is a summary article read both sides of the graph.

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/techs-take-on-the-nations-top-office-markets/?utm_source=whatcountsemail&utm_medium=cpe weekly&utm_campaign=cpe weekly newsletter

• Like 2

Lowes to hire 2000 software engineers.   Don't get to excited yet... sounds like some will go out West BUT here's to hopping CLT gets some. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/12/12/lowes-ceo-talks-big-plans-for-it-hiring-new.html

Ellison, when questioned by analysts about where the new software engineers will be based, responds that those details haven’t yet been determined. He noted that Lowe’s has offices on the West Coast that could presumably house some of those new employees.

Edited by navigator319
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Lowes to hire 2000 software engineers.   Don't get to excited yet... sounds like some will go out West BUT here's to hopping CLT gets some. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/12/12/lowes-ceo-talks-big-plans-for-it-hiring-new.html

Ellison, when questioned by analysts about where the new software engineers will be based, responds that those details haven’t yet been determined. He noted that Lowe’s has offices on the West Coast that could presumably house some of those new employees.

Did they ask him how many would be in India?

8 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Awesome news!  I'm assuming this is just for the HQ location here in Charlotte.  Avid has satellite campuses in Houston, NJ, and Salt Lake too.  Sounds like they need to start their 2nd planned building soon.  Identical building with a sky walk connecting the two.  1st building is almost at capacity.  

avidxchange-music-factory.thumb.jpg.635e2d9ceb4654d066b7c6819c0c190e.jpg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

I know this is great news and am happy for it, but for whatever reason I don't get excited over AvidXchange.  Im not sure why that is.

It is business to business software not as exciting as an I-Phone or Fortnite.    But who cares:  they are the market leader in what they do and they are expanding greatly here with these new 1200 jobs.  

Speaking of Siri and I-phones drove by the Apple data center campus in Maiden today.  Hard to get any good photos since the buildings  are so far off the road and they have gates everywhere but  you can LOTS of construction.    Here is summary of what they are doing there and these photos today show the massive construction going on there.   2nd photo is land owned by Duke Energy perhaps a solar farm (thought it was Apple but its not owned by them) 

3rd photo shows the massive new building being built now.

http://www.catawbaedc.org/news/new-apple-investment-in-catawba-county-could-eventually-push-spending-there-to-5b

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I thought white collar workers prefer NYC over NC? :tw_confused: Something about the Charlotte area MUST be attracting them! :) 

• Like 1